• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tedkitch
    • Jul 2006
    • NE Suburbs, Chicago
    • Ryobi BT3100 What else is there?

Kawasaki Drills at Sam's Club

I was at Sam's Club here in Philly yesterday and they had 21.6 & 19.2 volt cordless Kawasaki drills for $40 & 30 respectively. I don't know how good the brand is, but it appears that they come with an extra battery. I've got too many cordless drills already to purchase another to see how it works, but it could be a good deal.

YMMV,
    Ted Kitch
  • gimpy
    Established Member
    • Nov 2004
    • Flagstaff, AZ.
    • BT3100

Sam's Club here in Flagstaff has the cordless drill and a cordless circular saw using those 19.2 batteries. What I was wondering, are these 19.2 batteries interchangeable with other brand 19.2 batteries? There are other 19.2 brand batteries out there?

Frank
    Frank, "Still the one"

Comment

• John Hunter
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Lake Station, IN, USA.
      • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by gimpy
      Sam's Club here in Flagstaff has the cordless drill and a cordless circular saw using those 19.2 batteries. What I was wondering, are these 19.2 batteries interchangeable with other brand 19.2 batteries? There are other 19.2 brand batteries out there?

Frank
      I don't suspect that they are interchangeable. Seems maufactures want you to only use their brand.
      John Hunter

Comment

• Bob G.
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2005
        • Lowell, Arkansas, USA.

19.2 volt interchangability

Depends on the location of the contacts, I would think if the pin and everything else is OK try it, I would!
        Be the one to pickup & take home that piece of trash or to use that wood drop that was good for nothing

Comment

• ScottGolden
          Established Member
          • May 2006

Kawasaki drills

Just an FYI - Bought one of the 19.2K ones this weekend.

This is the worst drill I have ever seen. After less than a day's worth of normal use, the chuck froze up, the gear box (fast or slow) would pop out and you would hear a grinding noise. Also I suspect that the reverse button would fail in a short time.

Comment

• kevin85281
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2005
            • Tempe, AZ, USA.

But other than that was it OK
            If I'd known it was harmless I'd have killed it myself.

Comment

• gimpy
              Established Member
              • Nov 2004
              • Flagstaff, AZ.
              • BT3100

Thx, for the heads up. Reason I was asking about the interchangeable batteries was I think Sears carries the 19.2 volt? Anyway, what I have now is an 18v that my BIL picked up for me about a year ago at H.F ($16, I think). It only has the one battery and something fell out of the chuck here a couple of months ago. It still works but I can't tighten the chuck real tight. Just looking for something cheap.

Frank
              Frank, "Still the one"

Comment

Working...