• Show
Clear All
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

HF Sidewalk Sale

How do you find out whether they're having one of these at a local retail store? Is it a national thing or is it advertised in the local flyers?

I'd love to pick up some of their aluminum "heavy duty" bar clamps but the nearest store (Newark, CA) is at least 15 miles from here and I don't like drivin' for nuthin' these days.
  • pcombs
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2006

I think this is a nationwide thing. They have bee advertising it on their website - haborfreightusa.com.

The 48" aluminium bar clamps are a super deal - They are usually $19.99, on sale $9.99, but at sidewalk - $5.99 70% off !!!

Comment

• kramer katt
      Established Member
      • Aug 2004
      • SO CAL, USA
      • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

24,36,48 and 60" alum bar clamps are in sidewalk sale flyer 60% off
      These are usually all stores same weekend
      kk
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

• JeremyM
        Established Member
        • May 2004

Where is this flyer with 60% off on this stuff? I can use alot more clamps (of course).

Comment

• dkhoward
          • Dec 2003
          • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
          • bt3000

THe store here has the clamps along with a whole variety of other things. I was digging through a plastic bin marked clearance and found a rabbeting plane marked $7.00 made by Central Forge. I took it out of the box. It doesn't look to bad. I figure with a little work and maybe a new blade, it shouldnt be too bad for fine tuning tenons.
          Dennis K Howard
          www.geocities.com/dennishoward
          "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• JR
            The Full Monte
            • Feb 2004
            • Eugene, OR
            • BT3000

I just got back from the Camarillo, CA store. it's the biggest sidewalk sale I've seen there. A good chance to load up on latex gloves, foam brushes and the like.

There was a section that seemed to have a lot of open box stuff at awesome prices. For instance:

14" 4-speed bandsaw - $100
            6" jointer - $100
            Mortiser - $50

JR

JR
            JR

Comment

• JeremyM
              Established Member
              • May 2004

Seriously, guys. Where is this flyer. I haven't seen it at the address mentioned above. Harborfreight.com doesn't mention where I'm looking.

Any help is appreciated. I could use some discounts like this!

Ahhh... just found it, but it is at http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/start.do
              Last edited by JeremyM; 10-06-2006, 04:19 PM. Reason: found my own answer immediately after posting.

Comment

• JR
                The Full Monte
                • Feb 2004
                • Eugene, OR
                • BT3000

Originally posted by JeremyM
                Seriously, guys. Where is this flyer. I haven't seen it at the address mentioned above. Harborfreight.com doesn't mention where I'm looking.
                Try here http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/start.do
                JR

Comment

• pdxman1
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2005
                  • Portland, OR

These were not marked at the sidewalk sale at my store, but you might want to look for them while you are there:

Avenger 7 piece brad point drill set T009 $0.75
                  Avenger 7 piece masonry drill set T010 $0.75

They were on the shelf with a $2.99 price, but they rang up at $0.75. I think they are closeout items, so YMMV. Also I saw some Avenger digital calipers for $8 at the Portland OR store.

Comment

• JimD
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2003
                    • Lexington, SC.

If your stores are like the local ones, the bar clamps are gone by now. The sale started yesterday and I did not get there until this morning. I still found some stuff to buy but they had no bar clamps left. I am most happy that the cheap looking little OBD II code reader for vehicles worked nicely to read and clear the code that was causing my wife's "check engine" light to come on. $50 - less than paying a technician to tell you what the code is (one time). It did not look like much was worked fine and the manual is actually written in pretty good english.

Jim

Comment

• LYU370
                      Established Member
                      • Mar 2005
                      • Streamwood, IL.

Originally posted by JimD
                      If your stores are like the local ones, the bar clamps are gone by now. The sale started yesterday and I did not get there until this morning.
                      Yep, stopped by my local store on the way home from work yesterday. Managed to find 2 of the 24" clamps, the rest were long gone!
                      Andy

Comment

• JeremyM
                        Established Member
                        • May 2004

Man, I almost shouldn't have gone!

I got 6 24" bar clamps, but I printed that email add and got them for $3.49 each. I also got the 6" C clamps for $2.99 ea(got 6 of those). Then they had some 3" C clamps for $1.49 (got 12 of those). Maybe I should have put more of that money towards getting the last 3 24" bar clamps, but I'm stupid that way I guess.

All kinds of stuff that could be had to play with. Got 3 shovels for $1.50 each. Sure, they might not be the greatest, but I can let anyone use them and not worry about them tearing them up. Several other things, but not of lots of interest to others.

But I definitely added to the clamp collection.

OH, I did realize I should have gotten more of those bar clamps. I stopped at Grizzley afterwards and they had their 24" Shop Fox bar clamps. They are 18.95 there. They look just like the HF ones. Am I the only slow one that didn't know that?

Thanks for the headsup on stuff guys.

Comment

• jackellis
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2003
                          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
                          • BT3100

I got to the Newark, CA store just after noon on Friday and found just four 24" bar clamps left! Gotta get there at 8 AM next time.

Saw similar clamps at the local Sears store today for...$18.99. I think I'll wait for the next HF sale to buy more.

Comment

• pcombs
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Aug 2006

Actually, the 36" bar clamps cost less if you did a price match on special on HF web- $3.49 compared to $3.99. The deal on the Sidewalk sale was the 24", 48" and 60" clamps. Just used mine over the weekend. They are great !!! Much easier to work with compared to heavy pipe clamps !!!

Comment

• egustke
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Jan 2005
                              • chapel hill, nc, USA.

"It did not look like much was worked fine and the manual is actually written in pretty good english."

Ok I found that a little funny...

Good info though, I went and picked up a 9" bench vise, and some other stuff that I won't need until I need it... I got there 20 min before closing... Doh!... but I have been thinking about getting the engine analyzer if I had more time... I'd of spent more money.

One thing that I wondered is how good are any of the air compressors? I also wonder if there is any value of getting a 6 gallon over a 2 gallon if all you are going to do is brad nail at first... seems like the flow rate of the 6-10 gallon range is still below what most need for anything other than nailers... thoughts?

Comment

Working...