• Show
Clear All
  • Flatlander
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2005
    • Illinois
    • BT3100

Jet Parallel Clamp Kit

I didn't see this posted yet, it looks like a great deal. I received a flyer in the mail from Rockler labeled "Back to the Shop Sale". On the back page it has this clamp set for $100:
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...7&filter=26065

It includes 2-24", 2-40" and 4 framing blocks. These clams look to have good reviews, and at $100 look like a good price.

Also there is a 20% off coupon on the front cover, but it says: "Not valid with any other coupon or offer". Do you think something being on sale is an "other offer"? If they take it, it would make it $80 for these clams.
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

I've not seen the new JET parallels in person; I hope to soon. They do have a number of small features to distinguish them from similar models from Bessey, Jorgensen, and Gross Stabil.

That said, if $195.95 is the regular price, that's WAY too high. The $100 sale price is much more like it; the similar Bessey kit can frequently be had for about that amount, or even less. (The added features of the JETs could well make them worth a little more than the Besseys.)

IME vendors don't consider a sale as an "offer." That usually means you cannot apply two percent-off discounts or coupons to the same order, not that you cannot apply one such discount to a sale-priced item. I'd have to check my receipts file but I'm reasonably certain I've ordered stuff on sale from Rockler and then applied a special offer (percent-off discount, free shipping, whatever) on top of the sale price.
    Larry

Comment

• cyberodie
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2004
      • Colorado

A few weeks ago I had a $10 off $30 card and tried to use it torwards a Rockler bandsaw table and fence that was in the clearance area and they wouldn't let me use it. They considered the clearance price an "other offer"
      Kevin

Comment

• davidtu
        • Apr 2006
        • Seattle, WA
        • BT3100

Originally posted by Flatlander
        it would make it $80 for these clams.
        That's a lot of clams for clams!
        Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• Flatlander
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2005
          • Illinois
          • BT3100

Originally posted by davidtu
          That's a lot of clams for clams!
          Oh Man! I lost my 'P'

Comment

• Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Flatlander
            Oh Man! I lost my 'P'
            Bad boy! Go sit in the corner.

Comment

• mschrank
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2004
              • Hood River, OR, USA.
              • BT3000

Originally posted by cyberodie
              A few weeks ago I had a $10 off $30 card and tried to use it torwards a Rockler bandsaw table and fence that was in the clearance area and they wouldn't let me use it. They considered the clearance price an "other offer"
              Yeah, I was in a Rockler store last week and tried to use a 20% coupon towards an Incra Jig that was already sale priced. No joy.
              Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• RagerXS
                • Feb 2003
                • Brookline, NH, USA.

Amazon has these for $159.99 with free shipping, minus $25 on the current promotion. So the Rockler sale saves you about $35 if you can get them in-store, less of course if you have to pay shipping.

~ Fred

Comment

• Brian G
                  • Jun 2003
                  • Bloomington, Minnesota.
                  • G0899

Mike,

This Incra Jig? It's the best price I've seen. I got one several months ago for $79. I have not used it yet. . . need to make a better router top first.

"My" Rockler is hit-or-miss on whether the 20% can be used on sale items. It seems to depend on which salesperson I get. I've learned that the store manager is a stickler for saying no. The other guys. . . more generous.
                  Brian

Comment

Working...