X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91FE
    Established Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

Free Bosch auger bits?

Another post just reminded me... I signed up for a freebie promotion some months ago. They were giving away bits and blades on their website. I got the blades... but no bits. Anybody ever get theirs?
    I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood
  • Tom Slick
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
    • sears BT3 clone

I never recieved either one.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• ryan.s
      • Feb 2006
      • So Cal
      • Ridgid TS3650

I emailed bosch about 2 weeks ago and they said the promotion is over and basically if you haven't received one by now you're out of luck. It was apparently a first come first serve basis.

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

As I recall, a couple of weeks ago this subject came up on the Ridgid tool forum and someone posted that they had a limited supply and it was fulfilled and the promotion was ended within a few weeks of the original announcement. Perhaps there is more information on the Bosch site, it your are interested.

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Chuck In Oregon
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2005
          • Cottage Grove, Oregon, USA.

I received the blades, FWIW a nice package of them. Never got the bit.

A year ago the Bosch tool rep visited Jerry's HIC, the very best around here and maybe anywhere. I bought their 5-pack 18-volt tool set for something like $298, a real steal IMHO. However, all they has left was the demo set and they had robbed it of several pieces and parts. No problem, the guy says, and he got enough parts off the store shelves to make up the set and knocked another $30 off of it.

Last weekend he was back and I told him that I had called Bosch as he had told me to but I never received the manuals or registration card or blades that I was supposed to get. So 1) the store manager tells me that he, personally, will honor the warrantee at the store and simply replace anything that breaks (nothing ever has), 2) the Bosch guy gave me a complete set of premium blades and he is mailing me all the manuals.

Bosch tends to make you want to buy from them with service like that. I don't own all Bosch by any means, but they are my first choice and the line that I compare others to.

All the usual disclaimers.

Chuck

Comment

• Doug Jones
            Established Member
            • Oct 2004
            • Indiana
            • Delta 36-444

Originally posted by 91FE
            Anybody ever get theirs?
            Like you, I got the blade but no bit.

Comment

• maxparot
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Mesa, Arizona, USA.
              • BT3100 w/ wide table kit

Like everyone else I got the blade but no auger bit. I think the response on the bits was more than they expected and they backed out of the promotion because the cost was too high. Those auger bits are a lot more expensive than reciprecating saw blades.
              Opinions are like gas;
              I don't mind hearing it, but keep it to yourself if it stinks.

Comment

• Doug Jones
                Established Member
                • Oct 2004
                • Indiana
                • Delta 36-444

Originally posted by maxparot
                I think the response on the bits was more than they expected
                Ahh, the power of the Internet.

Comment

• asdf
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2006

I didn't get either. An email would have been nice telling us they were out, or simply closing the website when they were out of stock so they didn't over-"sell".

Comment

• TheRic
                    • Jun 2004
                    • West Central Ohio
                    • bt3100

Originally posted by asdf
                    I didn't get either. An email would have been nice telling us they were out, or simply closing the website when they were out of stock so they didn't over-"sell".
                    I agree!! I ordered as soon as I found out about it. Never got either one my brother ordered his about a month later, never got his. The point here is a month later the website was still up and accepting new orders. You would think they would have said something on the website that they are out, the promotion is over, etc. Not leave the site up for over a month after they meet their quota.

Chuck, you have had good luck with them, at least with one tool rep, and store manager. But this is the only time I have dealt with them, and probably the same for others. It is NOT a good first impression. You even mentioned that they were suppose to have sent you manuals and stuff but never did. If it wasn't for the really nice tool rep and store manager, you may not be saying how nice they are. As a side note I would be getting the store managers promise in writing. You don't know when he might leave, and the next one won't honor it.
                    Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• mschrank
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2004
                      • Hood River, OR, USA.
                      • BT3000

I never got the bit, but I did get a post card telling me I was out of luck...all the bits were gone.

It was a very non-descript card with no logo to catch your attention. I suspect many of you got the card but tossed it with the junk mail...I almost did.
                      Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

Working...