X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Holbren
    • Oct 2004
    • Heathrow, FL.

Sears Zip Code Saw

Sears has the 22124 on sale for $799 and then another 20% off tool purchases of $399 or more.
    Brian
    Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
    "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
    www.holbren.com
  • brooks
    Established Member
    • May 2006

What is a "zip code" saw?

I try using Search but everything returns everything, it's impossible to get any useful results half the time.

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by brooks
      What is a "zip code" saw?

I try using Search but everything returns everything, it's impossible to get any useful results half the time.
      It's just slang. "22124" is the model of the top Craftsman hybrid saw...it's also the zipcode of Oakton, VA, so all three of these hybrids (22104, 22114) have been affectionately referred to as the "zip code" saws.
      Attached Files
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• kramer katt
        Established Member
        • Aug 2004
        • SO CAL, USA
        • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

Brian,
        are you sure the $799 price is not a result of the 20% off? that seems to be the way the flyer I got read.
        If not and these can "stack" this is by far the best deal on this for some time other than the "clearanced" ones.
        kk
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

• Holbren
          • Oct 2004
          • Heathrow, FL.

Originally posted by kramer katt
          Brian,
          are you sure the $799 price is not a result of the 20% off? that seems to be the way the flyer I got read.
          If not and these can "stack" this is by far the best deal on this for some time other than the "clearanced" ones.
          kk
          I didn't read it that way but now that you mention it, the saw is $999 on the web so 20% would bring it down to $799. I first heard about if from someone that read it the same way I did though.
          Brian
          Holbren, Whiteside, LRH, Ridge, Tenryu, Norton
          "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
          www.holbren.com

Comment

• justaguy
            Established Member
            • Jun 2006
            • Chesapeake VA

Originally posted by kramer katt
            Brian,
            kk
            My ad indicates $799 after applying the 20% off to the $999 price. However the Sears web site indicates web orders are 30% off for purchases over $399. When I select this saw and pick in store pickup the price in the cart is $699 not $799.

Comment

• marktnguyen
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2004
              • Grand Prairie, TX, USA.

I've confirmed this. It's $755.99 (includes taxes for my area). This seems like a good price -- too bad I can't find a deal like this on a bandsaw.

Mark

Comment

• coach
                Established Member
                • Jan 2005
                • Forney, TX.
                • Powermatic 66

Originally posted by marktnguyen
                I've confirmed this. It's $755.99 (includes taxes for my area). This seems like a good price -- too bad I can't find a deal like this on a bandsaw.

Mark

But you can, I just got home with my 22401 14" band saw. It was $319. That is a pretty good deal. I'm getting ready to start assembly, I'll let you know how it goes.
                If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

• justaguy
                  Established Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • Chesapeake VA

Originally posted by coach
                  But you can, I just got home with my 22401 14" band saw. It was $319. ...
                  It will stack on the items that are already on sale or on clearance but the 22124 saw mentioned in the first post is regular price.

I am thinking that the 22104 saw with the additon of the 52" Biesmeyer fence (20% off) would meet my needs rather nicely.

Comment

• JoeyGee
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

Coach, how did you get that price? I looked on the website and it was $455. Any similar deals on the 12" or 10"?
                    Joe

Comment

• Stormbringer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Floral Park, NY
                      • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by JoeyGee
                      Coach, how did you get that price? I looked on the website and it was $455. Any similar deals on the 12" or 10"?
                      I'll assume it's the $455 minus the 30% off mentioned above. = $319.

Comment

• Knottscott
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2004
                        • Rochester, NY.
                        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by justaguy
                        It will stack on the items that are already on sale or on clearance but the 22124 saw mentioned in the first post is regular price.

I am thinking that the 22104 saw with the additon of the 52" Biesmeyer fence (20% off) would meet my needs rather nicely.
                        22104 is currently on sale for ~ $340. ...Sell the stock fence of Ebay for ~ $100, buy a Vega or SF Aluma Classic for ~ $200, or a Biese for $300, and you've got a heck of a saw and a whale of a deal!

Total of ~$450 for a zipcode hybrid with a Bieseclone, or ~$550 for the real McCoy!

That same promotion puts the Sears BT clone with router table and "stuff" right around $340 too....
                        Last edited by Knottscott; 09-04-2006, 07:55 AM.
                        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• coach
                          Established Member
                          • Jan 2005
                          • Forney, TX.
                          • Powermatic 66

Originally posted by JoeyGee

I just added it to my cart and the lower price showed up. I called the local store, took in a printout of my cart, and loaded the saw in my truck. I just finished setup and tuning, and made a few test cuts. I love this 22401 just as much as I love my 22124.
                          If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • York, PA, USA.

You might want to try the included fence with the 22104 before upgrading. I bought one of these saws for my father last year for Christmas. I thought the fence was pretty decent. Certainly not as bad as the basic Jet or Delta fence! His saw came with a really nice Leitz combo blade and was a breeze to adjust (other than some fence rail issues). I think I got it in the $350 range, so this is definately a good deal.
                            I have the 22124 that a few of us stole from Sears a while back. It has been a great performer and I have had no complaints. I even like the stock blade guard as it is really easy to take on and off which means I actually use it.

And let me start now . . . . .
                            I can not pull the trigger on the 22401 BS

Comment

• marktnguyen
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Jan 2004
                              • Grand Prairie, TX, USA.

Coach, Thanks for the heads-up on the bandsaw. I was thinking of getting the Grizzly 19" G0514x. I've never had a bandsaw but after reading through all the upgrades, I thought maybe I'd just go straight to the 19"

The 14" Craftsman is a great deal though so I'm considering it -- there's about a $800 difference.

Mark

Comment

Working...