X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buddyroo
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2006

Wilton clamps at Menards

If any of you have a need for Wilton Multi-Grip clamps they are heavily discounted at Menards. For example, a package of two of the 15" midsized clamps is regularly $15. The sale price is $5. Others are similiarly priced. No idea if this is a chainwide deal, but if you are near a Menards it might be worth a look.
  • thallikar
    Established Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by buddyroo
    If any of you have a need for Wilton Multi-Grip clamps they are heavily discounted at Menards. For example, a package of two of the 15" midsized clamps is regularly $15. The sale price is $5. Others are similiarly priced. No idea if this is a chainwide deal, but if you are near a Menards it might be worth a look.
    Yeah, I bought bunch of them. I got 36" for 4.99, 24" for 4.99 and 18" for 3.99 or so. These clamps are very good and compare with the best. Amazing deal.

Comment

• Doug Jones
      Established Member
      • Oct 2004
      • Indiana
      • Delta 36-444

Guess where I'm going to be before I go into work today?
      Thanks for the notice,,,

Comment

• greencat
        Established Member
        • Dec 2005
        • Grand Haven Mi

I just picked up 6 clamps - 2 36" and 4 24" plus two base vise units for $35.
        This is a great bargin.
        Thanks again,
        Mike

Comment

• thallikar
          Established Member
          • May 2006

Originally posted by greencat
          I just picked up 6 clamps - 2 36" and 4 24" plus two base vise units for $35.
          This is a great bargin.
          I went and bought again 2 36" for 4.99 each and 2 pack 18" for 6.99$. I bought the base vise units for 1.99$ each a week ago. I like those.
          Last edited by thallikar; 08-23-2006, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• buddyroo
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2006

Prices

The base vise units are $1.99 here. Often it pays to see if there are two packs of clamps on an endcap somewhere, as they are often cheaper still.

It appears that they are changing suppliers to Wolfcraft, if I recall the name correctly.

Including the bases, I bought over 30. My clamp selection was pretty lame. Now I think I have a lifetime supply.

Comment

• BigguyZ
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • Minneapolis, MN
              • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I too bought a bunch of clamps....

(1) 2-pack pf 15" clamps
              (3) 2-packs of 18" clamps
              (2) 4-packs of ratcheting hand clamps
              (1) 2-pack of 5" micro clamps
              (2) 3" ratcheting hand clamps
              (3) vise bases

All that and a bit more for less than $50....

I have to say.... I MAY have enough clamps now.... Well, maybe a couple of Bessey's would be nice too...

Comment

• Doug Jones
                Established Member
                • Oct 2004
                • Indiana
                • Delta 36-444

Got mine today. Two 24" and four 12" and a base. $25 out the door. They didn't have the 36" left.

Comment

• JoeyGee
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

LOML was out near Menards tonight and had her pick up a few for me. Not a bad deal at all. Normally I am not a big fan of the quick release types, but for the price, I'll learn to live with them : )

What's the deal with the bases? Do they actually come in handy? They seem kind of gimmicky to me.
                  Joe

Comment

• thallikar
                    Established Member
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by JoeyGee
                    LOML was out near Menards tonight and had her pick up a few for me. Not a bad deal at all. Normally I am not a big fan of the quick release types, but for the price, I'll learn to live with them : )

What's the deal with the bases? Do they actually come in handy? They seem kind of gimmicky to me.
                    Don't know much about the bases. They support the clamps.So, looked good to me and cheap. So, bought it. who cares if you are a clampoholic, right.

Comment

• buddyroo
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Aug 2006

Bases

I bought a couple of the bases because they looked like they might be useful, and for $2 it is hard to go too far wrong.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2005
                        • Independence, MO, USA.
                        • bt3100

I don't have a Menards close (wish I did, and would like them to think about placing one by our new supercenter), However I got my Wilton's when Lowe's closed them out. Work great, cheaper then other brand and more then paid for themselves. However they didn't have the base.

I've always wondered how well it works, as I think it would be great to toss in the truck with one clamp, as a project/emergency repair vise.
                        Any thoughts on this?
                        Thanks
                        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• BigguyZ
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2006
                          • Minneapolis, MN
                          • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I tried the base out just for kicks. It worked well, and was solid. I would recomend it for $2.

I've been trying to see if any of the other stores in my area have the 24" or 36" ones still in stock, and they don't. In fact, I was super lucky to find a store with a BUNCH of the medium size clamps in (see abovce post). So, I bought another 2 pack of the light duty 15" clamps and 2 3" hand grips. So that'll be all for my for some time. I have about 30 clamps now.... Maybe some Besseys and I'm done (but that'll be something I'll wait until there's a need for).

My ONE concern is, although they seem very sturdy.... What good is the Lifetime Warrenty if no one carrys them??? ToolShop, or Irwin Quick Grip, or the Husky clamps will always be carried (or at least in the near future), and you can bring them to their respective retail store for a warrenty replacement. But you can't if there's no store that has them.... Still worth it? Yeah, when you can buy so many for so cheap. But something to think about.

Comment

Working...