Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

DW735 $439 + $50 rebate for accessories

This looks to be pretty good deal from allprotools.com

http://www.allprotools.com/store/page362.html
    War Eagle!
  • matrisch

Why are these Dewalt 13" planes so spensive. That's almost as much as I paid for my new General International contractors table saw. I'd love to buy one but can't see it happening at close to $400. Maybe used.

Thanks for the tip though!

Mark

Comment

• David Coleman
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2004
      • Rochester, MN, USA.
      • BT3100

I bought a reconditioned 735 from Tool King online. $329 and free shipping. I don't know why it was reconditioned, but it works beautifully. I wouldn't buy another planer regardless of price. I just planed a bunch of cherry and the finishing speed along with the three knives made smooth work of it. It saves me tons of time sanding. Honestly, it is the best tool in my shop.

David

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • York, PA, USA.

Didn't you still have to pay for infeed and outfeed tables, etc which jacks the price of the 735 up even higher? $329 is a good price though.

Personally I purchased the Ridgid 13". $349 and comes with a well functioning dust chute that connects to 2.5" or 4" hose, stand, tables, extra set of blades, etc. Last night I ran highly figured hard Maple (birdseye) and curly Cherry with astounding results. I am very happy with the unit for $350.

The 735 at a normal price plus all the accessories is way to close to a 15" Grizzly, with mobile base, long infeed and outfeed, tons of power and better motor.

$.02

Comment

• ryan.s
          • Feb 2006
          • So Cal
          • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
          Didn't you still have to pay for infeed and outfeed tables, etc which jacks the price of the 735 up even higher? $329 is a good price though.

Personally I purchased the Ridgid 13". $349 and comes with a well functioning dust chute that connects to 2.5" or 4" hose, stand, tables, extra set of blades, etc. Last night I ran highly figured hard Maple (birdseye) and curly Cherry with astounding results. I am very happy with the unit for $350.

The 735 at a normal price plus all the accessories is way to close to a 15" Grizzly, with mobile base, long infeed and outfeed, tons of power and better motor.

$.02
          Thanks Jeffrey! I've had the ridgid planer for a year and never knew I could connect a 4 inch dc hose to it directly. Don't know how I missed that. This forum is great!

Comment

Working...