• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssmith1627
    • Dec 2005
    • Corryton, TN, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

BT3100 - New Lower Price at HD

Was in our store here in east Knoxville last night. They've reduced the price again. It went a few months ago from $299 down to a yellow tagged $249. Now they have it in the store with the yellow tag priced at $239.

Not a big change but still. They seem to continuously have one new in box model and the floor model. I've never seen there not be one in either the west Knox or east Knox stores.

Steve
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Your local stores appear to have a couple of the very few BT3100's left in the country. Almost everywhere else, even the display models have disappeared.

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• Anna
      • Feb 2006
      • CA, USA.
      • BT3100

Yesterday I spent the better part of the morning calling HD stores within 200 miles from where I live, looking for a BT3100. The local store only has the floor model left, but they had 11 boxes of the accessories.

Anyway, none of the first 7 stores had the BT in stock, only the floor models. The 8th store, however, had 2 new-in-box models, and they were selling for $239.20. The store is 155 miles away, but I don't care. I paid for it using my HD account over the phone, and I'll pick it up on Sunday.

I still don't understand why they're discontinuing a very popular saw. Unless they have a better one in the works, maybe?

Comment

• ssmith1627
        • Dec 2005
        • Corryton, TN, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3100

If it goes any lower, it'll be tempting to buy one. I already have a 2nd set of rails so I could sell those off.

It would mean re-doing a lot of work on my mobile base but I still like the idea of having one set up for dado's and one with the regular blade. But considering I don't have a bandsaw, jointer, planer or dust collector -- I best stop thinking about things like that !

Steve

Comment

• RonT
          Forum Newbie
          • Jun 2006
          • Florida
          • Old Craftsman

Ryobi 3100

Reading through the forum, I keep seeing mentioned the Ryobi 3100 TS. I already have two saws so I don't need another but, what is all the hoopla about this saw?

Comment

• JR
            The Full Monte
            • Feb 2004
            • Eugene, OR
            • BT3000

Originally posted by RonT
            what is all the hoopla about this saw?
            LOL!

This is a forum of owners of the BT3100 and its older sibling the BT3000. Nowadays some people have moved on to other table saws, but still remain members here because it's a nice place talk shop.

The BT3K is thought by people here to be a great value. It's highly accurate, feature rich, very flexible, and quite a few options are available. Its price, at <$300, is comparable to do-nothing benchtop saws, but its capabilities are more like those of a much higher priced saw.

Welcome to the forum. You're welcome here even if you don't own a BT3K!

JR
            JR

Comment

• coach
              Established Member
              • Jan 2005
              • Forney, TX.
              • Powermatic 66

Originally posted by RonT
              Reading through the forum, I keep seeing mentioned the Ryobi 3100 TS. I already have two saws so I don't need another but, what is all the hoopla about this saw?

LMAO!

Like it was just said, this sight is "not just about the saw". However, it is a lot about the saw.

I am one of the ones who jumped darkside, but only after great service from my BT3k. I was able to part it out for a little more than I paid for it. Try that with any other saw.

The thing about the BT3k is that it is an absolute bargain for the safety and cutting features.

You might want to get one while you can. Then you'll know what all the hoopla is about.
              If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

• mikebanks
                Established Member
                • Jul 2004
                • lowell, ma, USA.
                • 2 BT3000 and 2 Delta 34-400's

Why this site?

I too have moved on to a cast iron top. Still have my Bt3000, wait.....Two Bt3000's with extra rails for both.

When I move into a bigger house(not a townhouse), I will built set up with both saws.

But, this site.....I think is the whole reason why the web exists.

Pure Learning and Free exchange of ideas. People helping people. Period.
                No body with attitudes or ego's....well.....little ego's.

If you have a problem with a tool, method, life.....post it. Someone has been there before.

The only drawback to this site is my wallet. It gets lighter all the time.
                Maybe...........

Comment

• kramer katt
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2004
                  • SO CAL, USA
                  • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

This was posted to CL SanFernandoValley (LA) California this afternoon
                  No relation to seller just a tip in case a reader here is looking for one of these
                  kk

Ryobi Table Saw - $125
                  Reply to: sale-177191521@craigslist.org
                  Date: 2006-06-30, 1:03PM PDT

Not much to say other than perfect someone looking to do chores around the house. Not used much because I have a large cabinet shop in the valley.

Works great and includes blade and all accesories. Addes casters to help with mobility.
                  Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...