• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venkatbo
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cupertino, CA, USA.

$40 HD gift-card refund...

If you get any Ridgid wet/dry vacs for $70+.

There's a 12gal model for $70 (RIDGID 12-Gallon 5 hp Wet/Dry Vacuum Model WD1245).
    With tax (say in CA) its: $76.
    Final cost: $76-40=$36... Good deal I think...

/venkat
    Last edited by venkatbo; 06-25-2006, 09:07 PM.
  • Ultraman
    Forum Newbie
    • Jul 2003
    • Raleigh, NC, USA.

Yep, That Gift Card...

Yep, we discussed this a week or two back. I bought the WD4050 because of its power and compactness. Tried to talk to a guy in the store who was also shopping for a small vacuum. He was stuck on their Stinger vacuum at $30 which I told him would wind up being the same price thereabouts as the WD4050, not to mention the lifetime guarantee, longer cord, etc., but he was adamant and strode out with his purchase as I strode out with mine... Diff'rent strokes....

U

Comment

• sweensdv
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • WI
      • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

I hope you have better luck than I when it comes to actually receiving the Gift Card. I earned one quite awhile back on a lawn mower I bought in early May and haven't received it yet. As of today, HD's Gift Card Status website says they have not received my application yet? The application form for the Gift Card say I should "allow 4-6 weeks to receive Gift Card". Its now been 7 weeks since I mailed it in and they still can't even tell me whether or not they even have my application. I even called corporate and just received a song and dance about they are in the process of rebuilding a website. I don't care about a website rebuild, whats the status of my Gift Card? I even stopped at the Customer Service Desk at the HD that I bought the mower at and had them check on it and they too got nothing but a runaround from Atlanta.

Also, I'm 1000% sure that the paperwork I sent in had all the i's dotted and t's crossed as I not only double checked it before I sent it in, I triple checked it TWICE!

It's only $25 but that $25 has now became a crusade. The part that really burned me up was when the local HD, which actually was trying hard to give me some quality customer service, was given the same non-answers runaround that corporate also gave me when I called.

It's no wonder that I find HD more and more becoming my last choice of where I spend my money.

Comment

• ryan.s
        • Feb 2006
        • So Cal
        • Ridgid TS3650

Anyone get their $40 GC yet?

Comment

• marktnguyen
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2004
          • Grand Prairie, TX, USA.

I submitted my rebate on 6/5 -- so I was also worried that they 'lost' my rebat too. I e-mailed them (e-mail found at the bottom of this post) and following is their reply (I almost get the sense that they're waiting until some-one complains before they 'process' it).

------------------------------------
          Dear Home Depot Consumer:

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the status of your rebate.
          Our records indicate a valid rebate is currently being processed. A
          gift card will be issued and mailed to you upon completion of processing.

REBATE AMOUNT: 40.00

Your rebate was entered successfully on 07/18/06. Please allow 4-6
          weeks for processing from this date.

If you have any more questions or concerns, please contact us via
          e-mail at your convenience and we will be happy to assist you.
          To respond, please select "Reply" in your e-mail software, and be sure
          that the past e-mail is included in this reply. If your e-mail client
          automatically deletes prior e-mail thread information, it will cause a
          delay while we look up your support history.

Please feel free to view the status of your rebate on our website.

Thank you for contacting The Home Depot.

Customer Contact Center
          Phone: 1-800-301-9207
          Fax: 1-480-656-9853
          http://thehomedepot.rebatestatus.com
          mail
          to:home.depot@cs.rebatestatus.com

Comment

• ryan.s
            • Feb 2006
            • So Cal
            • Ridgid TS3650

I ended up calling them and they told me I did not qualify because I did not send in the UPC from the shopvac. I have copies of everything I sent and couldn't understand how they received a copy of the receipt but not the UPC. As per their request I had to send the receipt again by fax and now it shows on their records through their website that it is being processed (it didn't earlier). Hope it doesn't take another 6-8 weeks.

Comment

Working...