• Show
Clear All
  • steve-u
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Bartlett, Ill.
    • Ryobi BT 3100

GMC biscuit joiner $29.95 Lowes zip 60188

I was in my local Lowes in Carol Stream, Il. tonight and they had the GMC biscuit joiner on their clearance table in front of the tool area for $29.95. They had 8 boxes on the table. Just a FYI for those that live nearby and might be interested in picking one up. --- Steve
  • thallikar
    Established Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by steve-u
    I was in my local Lowes in Carol Stream, Il. tonight and they had the GMC biscuit joiner on their clearance table in front of the tool area for $29.95. They had 8 boxes on the table. Just a FYI for those that live nearby and might be interested in picking one up. --- Steve
    Cool. Thanks. Hopefully it is still there when I get there on sunday.

Comment

• thallikar
      Established Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by steve-u
      Thanks, Steve. I got it. They had 7 still sitting. Just bought one. That is some huge savings.

Comment

• PALefty
        Established Member
        • Feb 2006

receipts?

can anybody post their receipt?

Comment

• kelman
          Forum Newbie
          • Jun 2006

add rebate

If you buy it and other power tools that add to over $50 you can get a $15 gift card. See link below. It says in the fine print not valid on clearance merchandise, but they have honored the rebate before for me.

I bought a dewalt cordless drywall tool for 100.01 and got a rebate form for a gift card for $25. Basically 25% off!!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ers&lks=hpb33b

Comment

• steve-u
            Established Member
            • Nov 2005
            • Bartlett, Ill.
            • Ryobi BT 3100

Glad you got one! --- Steve

Comment

• thallikar
              Established Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by PALefty
              can anybody post their receipt?
              Here it is.
              Attached Files

Comment

• steve-u
                Established Member
                • Nov 2005
                • Bartlett, Ill.
                • Ryobi BT 3100

I was just in a little while ago and they are all gone now. Just trying to save someone a trip if they are still looking for one. --- Steve

Comment

• jp_spins
                  Established Member
                  • Aug 2005

does anyone have any experience with this brand, i read a review of it but i was curious of some other people's opinions.

http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/gmcBJ110.htm

Comment

• ssmith1627
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Corryton, TN, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3100

I've had mine for a few months now. Got it for $40 on clearance also.

Worked well for doing what I used it for -- putting biscuits into each board to help align the top of my workbench as I was building it. Didn't try anything fancy but it certainly worked fine for that purpose.

I had two complaints. One, the "stay on" switch that lets you lock it in the on position was easy to hit without realizing it. So I'd cut a biscuit and let go of the switch and it would stay on. Happened several times. The other issue is that the dust port seems easy to clog. I just had the bag attached to it at the time so I'm sure a vac or DC would help pull all that out before it clogged -- but just with the bag it clogged pretty fast and then you're trying to use needle nose pliers or something to pull the stuff out and get it unclogged.

For the money, I was very happy.

Steve

Comment

• 91FE
                      Established Member
                      • Dec 2005
                      • Philadelphia (actually Souderton), PA.

Originally posted by ssmith1627
                      I had two complaints...
                      Same deal here. Got it on clearance a couple of months ago. I broke it out for the first time last week. It worked well, but I have the same two complaints as Steve...the switch lock and clogging. All things considered, it was/is well worth the $30 I dropped on it.
                      I like Wagoneers too. Hey...they've got wood

Comment

• kmk
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2006
                        • .Portland, Oregon
                        • BT3100-1

Originally posted by kelman
                        If you buy it and other power tools that add to over $50 you can get a $15 gift card. See link below. It says in the fine print not valid on clearance merchandise, but they have honored the rebate before for me.

I bought a dewalt cordless drywall tool for 100.01 and got a rebate form for a gift card for $25. Basically 25% off!!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ers&lks=hpb33b
                        I think the rebates are excellent deal if you can combine it with HD coupons (10% or 20%).

Comment

Working...