X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tool77
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006

Makita Framing Nailer and Hypoid Saw @ Amazon for $215

Seems like a decent deal, only 2 left so you may want to hurry. Total comes to around $15 w/ the coupon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...71927?n=228013
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Makita FRANK2 Framing Nailer Kit w/BONUS: 5007NBK Circular Saw

Another Nailer/Saw combo for $10 less. Seems like they have more than just two of these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Comment

• tool77
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2006

thanks for the notice on that one. My orignal post appears to be sold out now.

Comment

• hpark2
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2006

Quick question, is there issue with getting a clipped head frame nailer over round head?

I am VERY tempted to get this package especially since I was looking for a good circular saw to begin with.

$215 including shipping for the hypoid saw + frame nailer is too tempting to pass up.

Comment

• buckeye95
          Established Member
          • May 2003
          • Columbus, Ohio.
          • Ridgid TS2400

hpark2,

I asked this question awhile back. Basically clipped vs. round head boils down to two issues: local codes and nail availability.

Though clipped head nails are fine in our area (Ohio) per my friend in construction, they are often code in other areas, especially coastal areas. I believe the reason for this is the hurricanes that come to those areas, where they feel the slightly larger head area of the round head nail offers additional holding power over the smaller clipped head.

Additionally, you should check what nails are available in your area. Lowes and HD seem to carry both in my area, but others have found the supplies more limited.

Pete

Comment

Working...