Clear All
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Woodpeckers has clamps and chisels

From their eSALE post:

"Until Wednesday June 21 st , we're taking orders for both 1/2" and 3/4" Pipe Clamps as well as 7 PC Chisel Sets. Both of these tools are imported. We've thoroughly tested the clamps with severe impact with our concrete floor as well as over-clamping to ensure the integrity of the malleable metal. We're glad to say there wasn't a single failure except for scratches in the powder coat paint".

Use Coupon Code PCS
    1/2" PIPE CLAMP – SET OF (6)
    Regular price $48.00
    Sale price $26.00
    eCLUB price $16.99

3/4" PIPE CLAMP – SET OF (6)
    $66.00
    $36.00
    $26.99

http://www.woodpeck.com/specials.html

and

"There are some jobs that call for a sharp, solid chisel that you can pound with a mallet and not worry about hitting a nail, knot or embedded rock. These chisels more than fit the bill. They originally sold for over $80.00. They sharpen well, hold an edge and are nicely ground on all blades surfaces including front long edge bevels for superior clearance. The high impact plastic handle will take whatever abuse you can dish out. Seven different sizes included from 1/4" to 1-1/4”. At this price, you can add a set or two to your collection and not break the bank. Don't let the low price fool you. These are good chisels at the regular price".

Use Coupon Code CSS
    7 PC CHISEL SET
    Regular price $85.00
    Sale price $39.99
    eCLUB price $29.99

http://www.woodpeck.com/specials.html
    We're only accepting orders until midnight Wednesday June 21 st . You'll receive your clamps and chisels by July 8th".
    Last edited by ironhat; 06-13-2006, 09:47 AM.
    Blessings,
    Chiz
  • Thom2
    Resident BT3Central Research Ass.
    • Jan 2003
    • Stevens, PA, USA.
    • Craftsman 22124

I decided to bite the bullet on these chisels, what I had was a set of 4 from a local hardware store. I did manage to sharpen them to actually decent shape but often found myself longing for different sizes, and since I missed out on the Marples sets a few years ago, I figured these might just fit the bill.

I received them yesterday, just started flattening the backs tonight and they look promising so far. They probably won't be my last set of chisels, but should make a really nice addition to hold me over until that $2500 spalted nickel set of japanese chisels (YEAH RIGHT!!!)
    If it ain't broke.. don't fix it!!!... but you can always 'hop it up'
    **one and only purchaser of a BT3C official thong**

Comment

Working...