• Show
Clear All
  • tlt
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Tucson, Arizona.
    • Delta 36-682

DeWalt 10-pack 7 1/4" saw blades - $29.99

24 tooth blades, free shipping, and a little extension corder adapter...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...56006?n=228013
  • Deadhead
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
    • BT3100

I've never used a carbide-tipped blade in a circular saw. Is it one of those things where once you go carbide, you'll never go back?
    "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• sacherjj
      Not Your Average Joe
      • Dec 2005
      • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Switching from High Speed Steel to Carbide in my $30 Skil saw made it feel like a "real" saw.
      Joe Sacher

Comment

• Deadhead
        Established Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Maidens, Virginia, USA.
        • BT3100

Thanks, Joe.

That was all I needed to push me over the edge.
        "Success is gettin' what you want; Happiness is wantin' what you get." - Brother Dave Gardner (1926-1983)

Comment

• skruffy
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2006
          • Boston

For the same price, you only get 4 blades at Home Depot. I'm trying hard to resist this because I just don't go through circ saw blades that fast, but the one I have on my saw right now is dead and I have a bunch of work ahead of me this summer. I really need to stay away from the bargains forum

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2005
            • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by skruffy
            For the same price, you only get 4 blades at Home Depot. I'm trying hard to resist this because I just don't go through circ saw blades that fast, but the one I have on my saw right now is dead and I have a bunch of work ahead of me this summer. I really need to stay away from the bargains forum
            Shoot, sell some to a few friends for a few bucks and lower your out of pocket. $3 a blade is just a great price! Of course you NEED to spend another $45 to get the $10 off offer . . . .. :-)

Comment

• bfrikken
              • Apr 2005
              • Michigan, USA.
              • BT-3100

Well, I bit on one of these. I also needed a new blade. And now I have 10.

Comment

• gmack5
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
                • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

[quote=tlt]24 tooth blades, free shipping, and a little extension corder adapter...
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=228013[/quote]

A 24 Tooth 7 1/4" blade, being used for any kind of a cut beyond Framing/Carpentry work is just not going to give you a very smooth cut.

I normally use a 40 Tooth blade in my 7 1/4" Circular Saw to give me a much smoother cut. YMMV

Your "cutting edges", i.e., Saw Blades, Chisles, Drill Bits, etc, are NOT the place to economize, if you want good looking work. A GOOD Circular Saw with a Cheap Blade will give you inferior results, but a Cheap Circular Saw with a GOOD Blade will give you Outstanding results. Don't ask me how I know this.
                Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
                Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
                George

Comment

• skruffy
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Apr 2006
                  • Boston

You raise a good point for anyone that wasn't paying attention - these are "framing" blades. If you pay attention to your feed rate then you'll do OK with these most of the time, but they are certainly not finish blades.

I rarely make a finish cut with my circ, and I have a good blade for those occasions. For cutting stuff down to a managable size and frequent home improvement projects (my house is almost 300 years old!), these will fit the bill nicely.

Comment

• bfrikken
                    • Apr 2005
                    • Michigan, USA.
                    • BT-3100

Agreed. I use my circular saw to cut a lot of items to a manageble size to finish cut with my tablesaw.

Comment

Working...