• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Bosch 1617EVSPKE 2-1/4 HP Variable-Speed Plunge/Fixed Base Router Kit

This is the larger kit that includes guide, snap in bushings, DC, centering tool, etc. It is the newer model plunge. It is also the newer fixed base that can be adjusted from above the RT.
    $153.99 - 10% MAYPOWER.

Items: $153.99
    Shipping & Handling: $0.00
    Promotion Applied: -$15.40

Total Before Tax: $138.59
    Estimated Tax: $0.00
    Total: $138.59
    Est.π/2% Instant Reward: $-2.18

Order Total: $136.41

I have a couple of these routers. I bought the EVSPKE last time it was on sale and got it for around $120 I believe. I sold the plunge, centering tool, DC, Edge Guide and Case on Ebay for $100+, resulting in a dedicated router for my RT that can be adjusted above the table for around $20.
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

I can't believe their still offering this pup at this price. If I could even think of a use for it I would pull the trigger but have more than I already need. Many, many items already ordered...thank goodness I get home an hour before the LOML.

Those that have been on the fence about getting their first router, jump on this deal. Fixed base and a plunger plus the edge guide and templates! Without the extra's this kit usually sells for $219.

Comment

• wackii

Thanks

Thanks for the find. I ordered one. I have been missing all the router's deal lately. This will be awesome for my diy sub.

Thanks.
      Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2006, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• sbs
        Established Member
        • Mar 2005
        • VA
        • BT3.1k

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The first time this went on sale a few weeks ago for $189, I waited too long to make up my mind.

The second time it was $189 for only a few hours and I missed it.

In the end I saved another $35 by missing those opportunities!

Comment

• davidtu
          • Apr 2006
          • Seattle, WA
          • BT3100

I sold the plunge, centering tool, DC, Edge Guide and Case on Ebay for $100+, resulting in a dedicated router for my RT that can be adjusted above the table for around $20.
          thanks for the info, I've requested a refund from Amazon on my already low (but higher) price of $161.

How confident are you that one could repeat your eBay experience? I have one of these already, thought it would be easy enough to mount the fixed base in the table and just use the plunge base for outside of it... is it really a pain to operate this way?? Everyone seems to have multiple routers... I'm new so haven't seen the need yet, but I struggle to pass up good buys!
          Never met a bargain I didn't like.

Comment

• bobo
            Forum Newbie
            • Apr 2006

Where are you getting this deal? I'm sorry if I'm missing something but I don't see any reference to a vendor. I looked on Amazon but didn't see that deal. Thanks for any help...

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by davidtu
              thanks for the info, I've requested a refund from Amazon on my already low (but higher) price of $161.

How confident are you that one could repeat your eBay experience? I have one of these already, thought it would be easy enough to mount the fixed base in the table and just use the plunge base for outside of it... is it really a pain to operate this way?? Everyone seems to have multiple routers... I'm new so haven't seen the need yet, but I struggle to pass up good buys!
              Seems that the plunge alone usually goes for +/- $60. Edge guide is good for +/- $25. People seemed to respond well to buying everything together. If you have a fixed base only and want a plunge, then you have no case, etc. At $100 this is a great deal, if you look at the components individually (unless of course you are a BT3 member and are aware of these killer deals!).

Edit : Check out user ID toolmama on ebay. They sell a lot of the plunge bases. You can look at the seller feedback and pull them up one by one. This one sold in the last couple days . . .
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7618876020
              Plunge base alone sold for $65

Dear Lord, I think I am going to buy another one of these things, you know a dedicated fixed base router for my new PC 4212.
              Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 05-20-2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2005
                • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by bobo
                Where are you getting this deal? I'm sorry if I'm missing something but I don't see any reference to a vendor. I looked on Amazon but didn't see that deal. Thanks for any help...
                Sorry, I did leave that out. Yes it is Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

Comment

• TomBar
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Rexford, NY, USA.
                  • BT3100

Thanks! I just ordered this router for $138. and change. I also signed up for the free trial of prime membership.
                  Tom

Comment

• Stormbringer
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2005
                    • Floral Park, NY
                    • Bosch 4000

Just Sold Out

Comment

• Stormbringer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Floral Park, NY
                      • Bosch 4000

Just got word: SOLD OUT

Comment

• wackii

received

received the router kit. Very nice. Thanks OP.

Al,

Comment

• Ocky
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jun 2003

Yowza, what a honey of a package. Gonna have to pay extra luggage fees to haul this bad boy to AK...Best deal yet for me (well except for the dozen big Besseys I got for $200 during that craze way back then).

Comment

Working...