• Show
Clear All
  • bigsteel15
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • Edmonton, AB
    • Ryobi BT3100

Attention Everyone!!! Amazon Problem

Could everybody here please send an e-mail to Amazon.com requesting that start shipping tools to Canada or selling them on their Canadian site.

This would be a big help to your neighbors up here.
    I am sure that all the Canadians will agree with me that these bargains we are always seeing are a real sore spot for us.
    Brian

Welcome to the school of life
    Where corporal punishment is alive and well.
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

That's one goofy policy and worthy of being a sore spot!! I'd say that the most effect would be complaints from your side of the continent. I'll kick in for what it's worth.
    Blessings,
    Chiz

Comment

• bmyers
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2003
      • Fishkill, NY
      • bt 3100

Ketchup chips, Coffee Crisp, and real Molsons just isn't enough for you eh? Now you want Amazon too? Geeze you guys really ask for alot..

Bill
      "Why are there Braille codes on drive-up ATM machines?"

Comment

• bigsteel15
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2006
        • Edmonton, AB
        • Ryobi BT3100

Keep the Molsons

Originally posted by bmyers
        Ketchup chips, Coffee Crisp, and real Molsons just isn't enough for you eh? Now you want Amazon too? Geeze you guys really ask for alot..

Bill
        WHAT???
        No Ketchup (at least you didn't say Catsup) chips or Coffe Crisp? WOW. Robertson screws and now this...my day is getting better.
        In about a month it will be NO STANLEY CUP...GO OILERS!!!
        Sorry had to get that in there.

I might get slammed with claims of sacrilege or being un-patriotic but you can have the Molsons.
        Brian

Comment

• Hellrazor
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • Abyss, PA
          • Ridgid R4512

Interesting, they sell things shipped from China but wont ship to Canada..

Comment

• sweensdv
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • WI
            • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Canada has Lee Valley stores, we have Amazon. Canada wins!

Comment

• mdutch
              Established Member
              • Nov 2005
              • Dallas, TX, USA.

They're just afraid that if you get iron tools that you'll industrialize soon.

Seriously, that's a stupid policy. They probably just don't want to jack with customs forms.
              Last edited by mdutch; 05-17-2006, 04:39 PM.
              Dutch·man Pronunciation (dchmn)n.
              3. Something used to conceal faulty construction.
              Another DFW BT3'er!

Comment

• RodKirby
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
                • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Weird! They ship to Oz - no problem.
                Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• gmack5
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Originally posted by RodKirby
                  Weird! They ship to Oz - no problem.
                  That's 'cause you don't speak that French stuff!
                  Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
                  Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
                  George

Comment

• MoldnMaker
                    Established Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • McKenzie, TN, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

Originally posted by bmyers

Bill
                    I think you got a point here. But you forget they got real Labatt, St. Huberts and Canadian Tire also. If we can make a trade or something we might be able to help you Canucks, but if I have to go with out a good beer and a good cup of joe I just can't see given' up one of the few things we got that you don't. I mean sure the $23 Bessey 50"'s are good and the cheap power tools with free shipping is good too, but if I could go to a local convenients store, or Beer Store for you Ontario folk, and get a six pack of Labatt 50, go to St. Huberts and get a cup of joe and a donut and then cash in my Canadian Tire money for a ice fishing jig I wouldn't have time to bother with Amazon.

I got nothing against you Canadians, but after living there 10 yrs then coming back here you got it good enough as it is let us have Amazon at the very least. Maybe you could tell Amazon you already live in the 51 state and wonder why they can't ship to you.
                    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." by Albert Einstein

Comment

• bigsteel15
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • Edmonton, AB
                      • Ryobi BT3100

Thank you on behalf of Canadians

Originally posted by MoldnMaker
                      I think you got a point here. But you forget they got real Labatt, St. Huberts and Canadian Tire also. If we can make a trade or something we might be able to help you Canucks, but if I have to go with out a good beer and a good cup of joe I just can't see given' up one of the few things we got that you don't. I mean sure the $23 Bessey 50"'s are good and the cheap power tools with free shipping is good too, but if I could go to a local convenients store, or Beer Store for you Ontario folk, and get a six pack of Labatt 50, go to St. Huberts and get a cup of joe and a donut and then cash in my Canadian Tire money for a ice fishing jig I wouldn't have time to bother with Amazon.

I got nothing against you Canadians, but after living there 10 yrs then coming back here you got it good enough as it is let us have Amazon at the very least. Maybe you could tell Amazon you already live in the 51 state and wonder why they can't ship to you.
                      That is the most incredible bunch of "stuff" I've heard in a long time.
                      Thank you for making me proud to be Canadian...
                      Beside the fact that the OILERS beat the pants off the Sharks tonight!!!
                      Guess who was there??
                      Brian

Comment

• Hellrazor
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2003
                        • Abyss, PA
                        • Ridgid R4512

I know what the problem is. We import a lot of wood from Canada. If we left Amazon sell them woodworking tools they would want to keep all the wood.

Comment

• MoldnMaker
                          Established Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • McKenzie, TN, USA.
                          • BT3100-1

Originally posted by Hellrazor
                          I know what the problem is. We import a lot of wood from Canada. If we left Amazon sell them woodworking tools they would want to keep all the wood.
                          Yet another good point. I agree. Working at a mill we get several loads of Canadian Maple every month. Those Canadians are real jokers too, since I've worked at the mill I've personally found two Canadian dimes and 5¢ of Canadian tire money that they have added with the wood as a bonus....... really.

Sorry BigSteel15 if you took anything to heart. I'm just kidding around and really miss the north country and can only speculate that Canada Post prices have something to do with the Amazon problem. My Mom lives in Ontario and sending her a package can get hard on the wallet. As for the Hockey thing good for the Oilers and good for you, they are a good team. I watched when I was up north, but since I moved here, well, it's just not on TV. We do have a team the Nashville Predators, but I don't know much about them. I did look up there stats and well they made it to the playoffs and lost to who else the Sharks. So I hope the Oilers have better luck/skill.
                          "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." by Albert Einstein

Comment

• Turaj
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
                            • BT3000 (1998)

Brian, I don't think the problem is with Amazon.com but rather Amazon.ca!!!
                            For the folks who don't know it, this is the Canadian version of Amazon (so they don't have to worry about exchange rate and customs) BUT they do not sell tools
                            I agree, let's start writting to Amazon.ca and ask them to offer tools!

BTW, I am a Habs fan but what the heck: "GO OILERS GO"!!!
                            Turaj (in Toronto)
                            "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

Working...