• Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

05/05/06 Killer Amazon Deals

Bessey 50's continue to be $22

Delta Hybrid Table Saw has dropped to $559

Powermatic 8" Parallelogram Jointer $1189

Delta 18" Industrial BS $909

Delta TP400 Planer with Stand $233

Of course there are other great deals, but these are the ones that jumped out at me today.

Don't forget that practically all items are eligiable for 10% off using appropriate codes! (Heck of a deal on all those items!)
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Originally posted by Jeffrey Schronce
    Bessey 50's continue to be $22
    Are you able to post a link to these?

As others have mentioned in your thread from yesterday, today the price seems to be back up to $42.25, from a third-party vendor. I've looked and I can't find them from amazon.com at yesterday's lowball price, either.
    Larry

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by LarryG
      Are you able to post a link to these?

As others have mentioned in your thread from yesterday, today the price seems to be back up to $42.25, from a third-party vendor. I've looked and I can't find them from amazon.com at yesterday's lowball price, either.
      It seems that in the last hour the Amazon Dynamic Pricing Modulator has substantially increased the price due to sales volumes of the Bessey 50's. They were $22 when I posted because I . . ... . . .. bought 4 more. I knew that fix yesterday would not last.
      Summary review shows that all other prices I have shown above remain static.
      I was kidding above about the pricing modulator, however I firmly believe that Amazons pricing database is to some degree, controlled by a computer that values volume and margin. The Besseys come to mind, along with a lot of the router values, where bt3, sawmillcreek and woodnet are buying them up and then the price shoots up the same day.

Here is the link where you can monitor price daily (or apparently hourly). Note a lot of folks add items to their cart and leave them in there. This may result in getting an email when there has been a price drop on a item you have in your cart. YMMV.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...871766-3583967
      Last edited by Jeffrey Schronce; 05-05-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• jnesmith
        • Jan 2003
        • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Cool link. Thanks,

I noticed a Special edition PM66 for $1609.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=hi&v=glance
        John

Comment

• vaking
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2005
          • Montclair, NJ, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100-1

I would have jumped on Hitachi dual-base router kit KM12SC for $98 with free shipping except I already have it. Routerforums have a review of KM12VC - variable speed twin. Apparently this router takes its ergonomics after the everybody's favorite Bosch kit, is compatible with P-C 690 series mounting and accesories, is the quitest in its class at under 80db. That means you need at least 8 routers like that working at once to match the noise from BT3100. And at half the price of any other dual-base kit, less than many fixed base routers alone would cost you and a 5-year warranty - it is a winner for hand use. As for the single speed - this router works great with any bit up to 1.5" diameter and I don't know many people who would use bigger than that without a table. So, everybody who needs router for hand use - think quick. This is the lowest price I have ever seen on it.
          Last edited by vaking; 05-05-2006, 12:12 PM.
          Alex V

Comment

• Tim Clark
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2006
            • Bangor, Maine, USA.

That Powermatic 1610079 PJ882 8" Parallelogram Jointer 2HP 1Ph 230V
            comes with a FREE $600 (currently marked down to $550) Jet DC too.

Now that's a killer deal.

They offered that DC with the Uni X5 with all the goodies over the weekend and I was dying to get my hands on the $1500 to order it.

Oh well my day will come.
            Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

Comment

• Jeffrey Schronce
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2005
              • York, PA, USA.

Originally posted by Tim Clark
              That Powermatic 1610079 PJ882 8" Parallelogram Jointer 2HP 1Ph 230V
              comes with a FREE $600 (currently marked down to $550) Jet DC too.

Now that's a killer deal.

They offered that DC with the Uni X5 with all the goodies over the weekend and I was dying to get my hands on the $1500 to order it.

Oh well my day will come.
              I was very close to pulling the trigger on the Jointer. This pushed me over the edge. However, when I went to check out the shipping was $485 killing the deal. The Jointer alone was $436 thus after all savings it was still $1507.
              Going to stick it in my cart and see if they screw up at some point and offer free shipping.

Comment

• Tim Clark
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2006
                • Bangor, Maine, USA.

Yeah, that's some very heavy arn Jeff.

I'm playing the cart game myself waiting to see what they give away when I have the bucks.

BTW, there are some Jet tools at auction in Sugarland TX if anyone's interested. Not mine. A 5 hp TS w/mobile base & all the bells & whistles, a 15" planer and a 1.5 hp DC. 6 days left.
                Tim

Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

Comment

• Otto
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2005
                  • Wrentham, Ma, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

Dont forget to get your additional 10%

I ended up getting a troy bilt rototiller I was already shopping for at an excellent price thanks to you guys. On top of that I found this discount code for an additional 10% off anything in the amazon tool dept. The code is TOOLS10R.

It expires 05/08/06 so don't wait!
                  Otto

Comment

Working...