• Show
Clear All
  • steve-u
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Bartlett, Ill.
    • Ryobi BT 3100

Ryobi by Freud new 36 tooth blades on Ebay

I don't know if this really qualifies as a bargain alert but I could not think of a better place to post. On Ebay a user [not me] is selling new Ryobi by Freud 36 tooth blades which I believe some may be looking for. He wants $49 shipped for a pair. See the link below if interested and you have an Ebay account. --- Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-RYOBI-10-36-...QQcmdZViewItem
  • gmack5
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Komatoast, the Vendor of the Blades that you mentioned, is a Member of this Forum.

He also has a Kit that allows you to mount the DSMT to the Right side of the BT3X00 Saws. I believe that he sells the Kit for 19.95, plus $5.00 shipping.
    Last edited by gmack5; 05-03-2006, 12:53 AM.
    Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
    Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
    George

Comment

• Sawatzky
      Established Member
      • Apr 2005
      • CA
      • Ridgid TS3650

Interesting. It says these are Freud blades, but if you look closely at the picture, the blade says "Made in China."

Comment

• steve-u
        Established Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Bartlett, Ill.
        • Ryobi BT 3100

Thanks for pointing that out about being made in China. Prospective buyers should contact the seller to find out what that is about. I don't believe that Freud makes anything in China. --- Steve

Comment

• KomaToast
          Established Member
          • Aug 2003
          • Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

When did this change from the Italian made Freud blades to China made blades come about?

I was unaware of the change until a couple of forum members asked me about it.
          I looked at all the blades I have and they all have China on them.

I've revised the listing and removed the made by Freud part.

They look so much like the older Freud blades it's difficult to tell the difference without your good reading glasses on.

Thanks

Keith
          http://BT3000.com

http://TinyURL.com/Chene

Comment

• sweensdv
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • WI
            • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

What change are you talking about? Are you saying that Freud now has blades that are made in China or are you saying that these blades are not Freud blades but are made in China and made to look like Freud blades?

If they are indeed not Freud blades why would you advertise them as such in the first place? Then again, if they're really made in China Freud blades why would you remove the made by Freud part from the listing?
            Last edited by sweensdv; 05-03-2006, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• mschrank
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2004
              • Hood River, OR, USA.
              • BT3000

Originally posted by sweensdv
              What change are you talking about? Are you saying that Freud now has blades that are made in China or are you saying that these blades are not Freud blades but are made in China and made to look like Freud blades?

If they are indeed not Freud blades why would you advertise them as such in the first place? Then again, if they're really made in China Freud blades why would you remove the made by Freud part from the listing?
              Awhile back, Ryobi started putting Chinese made blades on the BT3001. They look very similar to the Freud blade (someone posted a good comparison and photo here w/in the last couple of weeks).

I believe that Keith simply was unaware of the change, and did not intend to mislead potential buyers with his ebay listing...and removed the Freud name from the listing as soon as he became aware of it.
              Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• Russianwolf
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                • One of them there Toy saws

Well, I'm tired of dilly dallying, so I sent Freud an email asking if they made the old or new blades. This should settle it, I hope.

Let you know when I get a response.
                Mike
                Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• steve-u
                  Established Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • Bartlett, Ill.
                  • Ryobi BT 3100

My BT3100 came with the blade made in China and I though it was a pretty decent blade though I don't know how it compares to the Freud made one. I crosscut a couple two by fours and the cut was very clean and almost looked like it was planed. Ripping a one by six board showed similar results. Then I had to cut about 12 feet of Pergo planks and it was dulled considerably. I replaced it with a Freud TK306 40 tooth blade and I can't say that it cuts any better but also does a fine job. Don't ever cut Pergo with a blade you value. I used a cheap $13 Toolshop 60 tooth blade from Menards on my RAS to crosscut the Pergo planks and that blade was TOTALLY trashed when done with a 12x15 foot bedroom floor. --- Steve

Comment

• mschrank
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2004
                    • Hood River, OR, USA.
                    • BT3000

Originally posted by steve-u
                    Don't ever cut Pergo with a blade you value.
                    Yup, that's what did in my original Ryobi/Freud blade
                    Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• Knottscott
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2004
                      • Rochester, NY.
                      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by mschrank
                      Yup, that's what did in my original Ryobi/Freud blade
                      FWIW, a triple chip grind (TCG) will hold up the best for materials like Pergo. Freud has some...LU74 30T glueline and LM82 60T are two examples, and I'm sure there are others and offerings from other manufacturers.
                      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Russianwolf
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

Originally posted by FREUD
                        We are restricted by agreements to disclose when we make blades for other companies. As I remember that saw has a high RPM for a table saw or at least many years ago it did. The blade that would perform the best would a one balanced for that RPM. We did sell a blade like this but we no longer carry it.
                        We can neither confirm nor deny the charges.
                        Mike
                        Lakota's Dad

Comment

• jziegler
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2005
                          • Salem, NJ, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3100

That sounds like a no to me. By saying that they no longer carry such a blade, doesn't taht mean that they no longer make it?

I wonder if Ryobi made a "lifetime buy" of the Freud blades when Freud stopped selling them themselves, and then continued to ship them while the supply lasted, and then shopped around for a replacement when they ran low..... But, we'll never know.

I think that I will be replacing my made in China blade for my next big project. The Frued LU87R010 that I bought last week is just so much better, I need to try an upgraded combo blade now.

Jim

Comment

• Knottscott
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2004
                            • Rochester, NY.
                            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by jziegler
                            ...I think that I will be replacing my made in China blade for my next big project. The Frued LU87R010 that I bought last week is just so much better, I need to try an upgraded combo blade now.

Jim
                            You can keep your model numbers in sequence by trying an LU86 or LU88

Honestly, I'm finding my LU88 cuts as cleanly as my WWII.....it's a good choice if you don't need it to rip over 1".
                            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Russianwolf
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

Originally posted by Dustmight
                              You can keep your model numbers in sequence by trying an LU86 or LU88

Honestly, I'm finding my LU88 cuts as cleanly as my WWII.....it's a good choice if you don't need it to rip over 1".
                              second part of their email to me was about replacement blades.

Originally posted by FREUD
                              For a replacement blade I would suggest either a TK306 which is a 10x40 tooth, or a D1040X which is also a 10 x40 but is PermaShield® coated.
                              Mike
                              Lakota's Dad

Comment

Working...