Priority Club Points "Sale" and Question: HD or Amazon?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJB
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • Concord, MA
    • BT3100-1

Priority Club Points "Sale" and Question: HD or Amazon?

If you are like me and travel for work, you may have "stay" points in Priority Club (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites). (If you don't have to travel for work, be thankful--it is no picnic.) Anyway, gift cards/certificates with your Priority Club points are 10% off through July 25: 18,000 points for a $50 certificate and 34,200 for a $100 certificate. The certificates are available for (among other places) Home Depot, Amazon, and Lowe's.

Over the last few months I have seen several posts about bargains at Home Depot and several posts about bargains at Amazon. I have enough points to get a $100 gift certificate, but can't decide beween HD and Amazon. The certificates take two weeks to arrive in the mail, so I can't make the decision based on current offers. Which would you go with, HD or Amazon?

Thanks for any advice.
  • just4funsies
    • Dec 2005
    • Florida.
    • BT3000

Do the certificates expire? If so, you may want to decide where you'll shop next. Otherwise, you may want to choose where you'll shop MOST. Either way, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks...
    ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

Comment

• Aiko
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2006

I myself would pick Amazon. More deals and wider selection.

Comment

• sbs
        Established Member
        • Mar 2005
        • VA
        • BT3.1k

Depends on what kind of stuff you need.

If you're specifically looking for power tools, I'd go with Amazon. The other advantage for Amazon is there are a million other categories of things. Maybe you decide to get DVDs instead of tools. Can't do that at HD.

Home Depot would be better if you need non-tool stuff for your house (nails? a storm door? etc.) or perhaps you want a tool that only HD carries, like the BT3k

Comment

• oracle
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2005
          • Fremont, CA, USA.

Amazon.

With Amazon you don't pay tax and shipping is sometimes free.

Much better deals than HD... I think.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Aiko
            I myself would pick Amazon. More deals and wider selection.
            I think I'd lean toward Amazon too for the same reasons....plus free s/h on lots of items.
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• TimInChicago
              Forum Newbie
              • Feb 2005
              • Chicago, IL, USA.

I would go for Amazon for all the reasons already stated - that is assuming you want to buy toys ...errr, tools with the gift card.

(BTW, I'm with you on the travelling for business thing - no picnic indeed. LOML made the mistake of referring to one of my recent trips as a "vacation" that I just got back from. We had a little chat. ;-) )

Comment

• kbyter
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2003
                • fort wayne, in, USA.

If you travel and use an AX card you can join the Membership Rewards program for $75 a year. I just got (4) $500 gift cards for Home Depot. My tool inventory will definitely increase!

kent

Comment

• sacherjj
                  Not Your Average Joe
                  • Dec 2005
                  • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

I use my Amazon VISA for Amazon purchases and get $25 Amazon Gift Cert for every 2500 points. You get 1 point per dollar or 3 points per dollar for Amazon purchases. So when you are buying a few tools from Amazon, it makes for some nice gift certs.
                  Joe Sacher

Comment

Working...