• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gp-clipper
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • Milwaukee, WI.

Craftsman Jointer in Chicago Area!

I posted this at the end of the "Craftman 6 1/8 Jointer" thread, but I wanted to also post it more prominently to anyone interested.

Just wanted to let anyone in the Northern Illinois or SE Wisconsin area know that there is one floor model 21706 at the Sears Hardware Store in Schaumburg, IL as of April 25th.

I was told that they had two, but when I went there no one could find it. So, I spent about a half hour trying to get the tools to dissassemble the floor model so it would fit in my car (staff wasn't much help...they didn't even know what a jointer was). I was trying to get the $104 price, but the woman wouldn't budge past the $128 price that came up. She then said there was one in the warehouse. I told her two people looked and she said that she knew how to look it up on the inventory sheet. She was right....it was underneath a couple of floor jacks. After all that effort with the floor model, I bought the one kind of in a box. That leaves the floor model for someone else. She did end up giving me 10% off because there was no box for the one I bought.

The address is:
    Sears Appliance & Hardware
    301 S. Barrington Road
    Schaumburg, IL 60193
    847-923-5990

Hope someone in the forum can snag it before it's gone.

Good Luck,
    Gary
  • kshoemaker
    Yet to be determined
    • Aug 2005
    • Grayslake, IL.

How many stores did you call before you found it? I started calling but I don't have a need yet, or space. I'm sure if I found one at this price in the Gurnee area I'd be parking in the driveway for a while til I figured out where to fit it.
    Shoey

Comment

• spf45
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kshoemaker
      How many stores did you call before you found it? I started calling but I don't have a need yet, or space. I'm sure if I found one at this price in the Gurnee area I'd be parking in the driveway for a while til I figured out where to fit it.
      Psal2 in the other thread made a good point. He said, "And don't always go by calling them. Their inventory system stinks and is accurate about 15% of the time."

I will bet that there are more of these sitting in store inventories, just waiting for those who are willing to do the leg work and deal with potential disappointment. (Until it's too late and they become surplus.)

Comment

• parnelli
        • Aug 2004
        • bt3100

Went this morning and it had a sign on it "hold for sarah" Oh well maybe next time.

Comment

Working...