Dewalt compressor on Amazon clearance

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kshoemaker
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2005
    • 69
    • Grayslake, IL.

    #1

    Dewalt compressor on Amazon clearance

    This compressor/nailer combo looks like a great deal:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

    Especially when the compressor alone is over $30 more:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

    Anyone have, heard or used this compressor? Thanks.
    Shoey
  • jtrcy
    Established Member
    • Jan 2005
    • 182
    • .

    #2
    I don't think there's really much to say about it other than quit thinking about it and buy it already! It's too good a deal to think it over too much - you wait too long and it'll sell out while you're still thinking it over.

    JT

    Comment

    • lateott
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2006
      • 27
      • S.F. East Bay, CA.

      #3
      "Receive 1 1/4" x 50' Polyurethane 250PSI Air Hose free when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying Compressor offered by Amazon.com" (normally $34.99)

      This hose has excellent reviews--five stars from everyone--and they want to give it to you free PLUS it takes you over the $200 coupon threshhold. Take it.

      Clicked "Add both to cart"

      Used promotional code TWNTYFVE2BEN to get $25 off total purchase of $199

      Order Total: $170.99 free shipping no tax

      Holy smokes that is a good deal...!

      Comment

      • Glorfindel
        Handtools only
        • Feb 2006
        • 3

        #4
        This is an extremely good deal.

        I bought this same kit a little over a month ago, and got a very similar deal. The kit was $279, and I added some brads to bring it up to $300, and then took advantage of the then-current $75 off $300 deal to bring it down to roughly 200, which I considered a great deal considering the free hose. I had registered at Brett's Amazon price watch site, and about a week later, was notified that the price had dropped to $251. Amazon refunded me the difference in price after an email to them, so I got the whole thing for right around $175, which I though was amazing (thanks Brett!). Now it looks like there's another easy opportunity for the deal.

        The compressor and brad nailer are both very nice. The nailer sets the nails reliably to the same depth every time, and the compressor has an easily adjustable pressure switch, and holds pressure pretty much forever. (if I leave it turned on, but not using it, it might lose pressure enough to run once a day)

        Comment

        • kshoemaker
          Forum Newbie
          • Aug 2005
          • 69
          • Grayslake, IL.

          #5
          I have my neighbor's compressor on permanent loan so I don't really need this. Plus my own guilt usually causes me to stall and miss the deal altogether. On top of that, I already used my $25 off $199. Soooo.....

          I created a "bargain alert" wish list and sent it to LOML. I mean, I just installed new wood floors for her and now I'm doing baseboards and trim, so shes gotta think I've been a really good boy, right? Crossing my fingers.
          Shoey

          Comment

          • kzelenakas
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2006
            • 14

            #6
            I was going to list this deal but you all beat me to the punch. I just ordered this setup. The compressor alone is usually $229 and add another $100 for a brad gun. The feedback from other buyers looks good on this unit, except apparently the packaging doesn't protect very well durning shipping. I'm still going to roll the dice. Unfortunately didn't know about the free hose offer. Maybe I'll call and see if I can have it added to the order.

            Comment

            • RDT
              Forum Newbie
              • Apr 2006
              • 9

              #7
              Originally posted by kshoemaker
              On top of that, I already used my $25 off $199.
              Just sign up for another Amazon account. All you need is a unique email address and you will get to use the $25 coupon again. I have multiple Amazon accounts just for this reason.

              Comment

              • Chris_B
                Established Member
                • Apr 2006
                • 216
                • Cupertino, CA

                #8
                Originally posted by RDT
                Just sign up for another Amazon account. All you need is a unique email address and you will get to use the $25 coupon again. I have multiple Amazon accounts just for this reason.
                Or just call Amazon customer service (via the "Call Me" button on "Contact Us by Phone") and they will adjust the price without any hassle. I've done this several times.

                Chris

                Comment

                • kshoemaker
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 69
                  • Grayslake, IL.

                  #9
                  Originally posted by RDT
                  Just sign up for another Amazon account. All you need is a unique email address and you will get to use the $25 coupon again. I have multiple Amazon accounts just for this reason.
                  I'll be filing this in my "Duh, why didn't I think of that" folder. Thanks.
                  Shoey

                  Comment

                  • mater
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • 4197
                    • SC, USA.

                    #10
                    Thanks for the heads up on this deal. I bought one earlier. I have been looking for a good deal on a compressor like this one.
                    Ken aka "mater"

                    " People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

                    Ken's Den

                    Comment

                    • Glorfindel
                      Handtools only
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 3

                      #11
                      Originally posted by kzelenakas
                      I was going to list this deal but you all beat me to the punch. I just ordered this setup. The compressor alone is usually $229 and add another $100 for a brad gun. The feedback from other buyers looks good on this unit, except apparently the packaging doesn't protect very well durning shipping. I'm still going to roll the dice. Unfortunately didn't know about the free hose offer. Maybe I'll call and see if I can have it added to the order.
                      I did exactly this. I somehow didn't notice the air hose deal when I ordered the compressor, so I called up after the fact, and they added it to my order (actually a separate order) with no problems at all.

                      Comment

                      • kzelenakas
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 14

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Glorfindel
                        I did exactly this. I somehow didn't notice the air hose deal when I ordered the compressor, so I called up after the fact, and they added it to my order (actually a separate order) with no problems at all.
                        They took care of me, too. I know its already a great deal, but why not, especially if its free.

                        Comment

                        Working...