Herc-u-lift $29 @ HD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 3196
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

    #1

    Herc-u-lift $29 @ HD

    I just went down to HD to buy a Herc-u-lift and was expecting to pay $49. Lo and behold it was yellow stickered for only $29.

    Now its just a question of putting it together and fitting to my 3100 base. I have heard this can be quite tricky, is that true, any tips/advice from those that have done this?

    Jon
    Jon

    Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
    ________________________________

    We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com
  • wreckwriter
    Established Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 449
    • South Florida
    • BT3100-1

    #2
    Do a search, there's lots of tips here. It was a bit tricky but if you follow the instructions and the tips here, its not too hateful. Its well worth the trouble too, works great!
    http://www.wreckwriter.com/

    Comment

    • cromulentone
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2006
      • 10

      #3
      Herculift

      The HD off of Highway 7 and I-25 (North of Denver) had two of these, new in the box, for 20% off $29.something yesterday. Would've bought 'em both if I thought I'd have a need for them anytime in the near future. Don't know if they're still there or not, but could be a good deal for someone!

      Comment

      • just4funsies
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 843
        • Florida.
        • BT3000

        #4
        Grab 'em if you can. I've had one on backorder from Amazon for a month...
        ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

        Comment

        • jhart
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • 1715
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

          #5
          I have 2 of them. One on my Bt-3100 and one under my planner. They work fantastic. Well worth the $29.
          Joe
          "All things are difficult before they are easy"

          Comment

          • sacherjj
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2005
            • 813
            • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
            • BT3100-1

            #6
            Just build the Herculift following the 28" x 28" directions and follow them. The locations where you drill the holes are also given as measurements in the instructions. You will have to drill 2 holes in each leg and a hole for the spring attachment point.
            Joe Sacher

            Comment

            • jwd12
              Established Member
              • Jun 2005
              • 106
              • Dyer, In..
              • BT3100

              #7
              For $29.00 this is a great deal. Unaccustomed as I am to doing things the right way, this can be a difficult and long assembly. The trick is to read the instructions. If you read and follow the instructions for the 28X28 assembly about 3 hours later you will have a great mobile saw. Its not difficult if you cheat and read the instructions first.
              I am praying for patience but extremely upset that it takes so long.

              Comment

              • JaiPea
                Forum Newbie
                • Feb 2006
                • 41

                #8
                > Grab 'em if you can [Herc-U-Lift] . I've had one on
                > backorder from Amazon for a month...

                I've never seen these on Amazon, and there are times when ordering on line is easier than visiting the Borg.

                What is the url to Herc-U-Lifts on Amazon?

                Thanks,

                JP

                Comment

                • sacherjj
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 813
                  • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

                  #9
                  I've never seen anything from Ridgid on Amazon.
                  Joe Sacher

                  Comment

                  • just4funsies
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 843
                    • Florida.
                    • BT3000

                    #10
                    Hmmm... Seems my Amazon order has been cancelled due to non-availability. Looked for the product listing, and can't find it, either. Probably just as well... it was priced higher than you guys are getting them at BORG. Guess I'll call the HD's in my area and see if they've got any left at the $29 price...
                    ...eight, nine, TEN! Yep! Still got all my fingers!

                    Comment

                    • poolhound
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 3196
                      • Phoenix, AZ
                      • BT3100

                      #11
                      All done and working in < 3 hours

                      Got it all assembled and attached to the 3100 this morning. I followed the 28 x 28 instructions and it all worked without a hitch. Taking the saw off the stand and putting it up on the bench to drill and attach the "lift" was much easier than crawling around on the floor.

                      Now its all done it makes using the saw so much easier as I can move it around my small space without any hassle.

                      Its the best $29 I have spent in a while. Go get one if you havent already.

                      Jon
                      Jon

                      Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat
                      ________________________________

                      We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                      techzibits.com

                      Comment

                      • kshoemaker
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 69
                        • Grayslake, IL.

                        #12
                        Put one on my BT3 about a month ago and love it in my garage workshop. Got another for the 10" Delta band saw I picked up at Lowes for $199 - 20% HD coupon - $30 rebate. Not as good a deal as the Hitachi many have landed but better than nothing.

                        The second Herc went together quicker since I had the first as a guide. Plus I fudged the positions a bit to get the best fit.
                        Shoey

                        Comment

                        • Tim Clark
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 99
                          • Bangor, Maine, USA.

                          #13
                          They have been $29.99 at HD for quite a while now.

                          HD is no longer stocking them so you want to get a couple spares now as you'll be paying $49 to order frm Rigid.
                          Tim

                          Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's just too dark to read.

                          Comment

                          • Hank77
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2004
                            • 16
                            • Wake Forest, NC

                            #14
                            About 5 at Wake Forest, NC Home Depot

                            Just got back from Home Depot (Wake Forest, NC), there are about 5 Herc-U-Lifts still available in the box at $29.

                            In case anyone in the area was looking for one...

                            Comment

                            • davidtu
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 708
                              • Seattle, WA
                              • BT3100

                              #15
                              My Seattle HD didn't seem to know what it was and claimed not to carry it. Is that possible? Is there a SKU for it that someone can post?
                              Never met a bargain I didn't like.

                              Comment

                              Working...