• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THyman
    Established Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Tradesman 8080S 13" Drill Press $139.99

Has anyone heard anything about this drill press? Is this a good deal or should I save my money for something more reliable. Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
    War Eagle!
  • foe1
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

Well made DP

I got their 17", 1HP model when Amazon had them on sale for $129. I left a review there (ToolUser). In short I was _really_ impressed. Solid, well built, & accurate. Not sure I could have found anything better for 2-3x the price. So if the 13" is anything like it's big brother I'd say it's a good deal for a floor standing drill press.

This may be my first post here but I've been lurking for 2-3 months. Great site and thanks to all.

Fred

Comment

• kbyter
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2003
      • fort wayne, in, USA.

Tradesman is the in-house Brand name for Rexon. Rexon is a Taiwanese company that badge engineers products for others. Right now, there are some Craftsman tools that are Rexon. From what I've seen they seem to be well built.

Comment

• wreckwriter
        Established Member
        • Mar 2006
        • South Florida
        • BT3100-1

How does Amazon ship large items like this? My account info says "Delivery estimate: April 21, 2006 - April 25, 2006 1 package via ABF". I assume ABF is a freight shipper. Is this going to be a problem if someone isn't home? If I had a more firm delivery time I could arrange something but can't keep someone home that long....
        http://www.wreckwriter.com/

Comment

• atthelastminute
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006

I also purchased the 17", but not at the $129 price. It was delivered by ABF and I had to be home, but they called the day before and came by 7:30 in the morning, so it didn't really cause me any problems as far as missing work.

As far as quality goes I am very happy with it. From what little I could find about the two models, the 13" loses the three nut depth stop, and has narrower belts which are more prone to slipping.

Comment

• wreckwriter
            Established Member
            • Mar 2006
            • South Florida
            • BT3100-1

Originally posted by atthelastminute
            I also purchased the 17", but not at the $129 price. It was delivered by ABF and I had to be home, but they called the day before and came by 7:30 in the morning, so it didn't really cause me any problems as far as missing work.
            My local ABF isn't quite as easy. They called, said it wasn't in state yet but they could deliver it next Tuesday, somewhere between 8-5. They acknowledge that this is not the greatest estimate but say they're too busy to do any better. Best I could get was a promise to call 2 hours before delivery. That should give me time to get home from work. With a bit of luck Tuesday will be slow enough to take off but can't guarantee it.
            http://www.wreckwriter.com/

Comment

Working...