10% discount at HD

Code: X2M
    Online only
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Do you know if you can use this to order online and then do instore pickup?

Otherwise it seems that the shipping would just eat the 10%

Jon
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• Copper
      Established Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Madison, WI.
      • BT3100

It doesn't say anything about in store pickup.

The fine print:

*This offer is valid 3/27/2006 to 4/3/2006. This offer is valid and redeemable for a 10% discount on one entire online order at homedepot.com only. This offer is not valid on labor or SF&I (Self-Furnish and Install) and F&I (Furnish and Install) program products, including without limitation installed roofing, windows, siding, HVAC products, custom closets or storage solutions. This offer is not valid on John Deere®, Cub Cadet®, Delonghi®, Fisher & Paykel®, Little Giant Ladder Systems®, Weber Stephen Grills, Sharp Insight™ products, Casablanca® products, and select Maytag® products, including Neptune® and Maytag® Ice2O™. This offer is not valid on select appliances, including without limitation select refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers, air conditioners, cooktops, disposers, dryers, washers, freezers, microwaves, range hoods, trash compactors, warming drawers, and wine coolers. Enter promotion code at checkout to receive your discount. The discount will be reflected at checkout for the appliances that qualify for the promotion. Void if sold, copied or transferred and where prohibited. This offer is not valid on the purchase of gift cards or certificates, on prior purchases, and cannot be combined with any other offer or special incentive program. See store for further details and a full listing of SF&I and F&I products. ©2006 Homer TLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
      - Dennis

"If your mind goes blank, don't forget to turn off the sound." --Red Green
      and yes, it's a potato.

Comment

• kmk
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • .Portland, Oregon
        • BT3100-1

I'd printout the cart that shows the discount and go to the store and ask them can you give me the discount? Most likely it will work...

Comment

• ryan.s
          • Feb 2006
          • So Cal
          • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by kmk
          I'd printout the cart that shows the discount and go to the store and ask them can you give me the discount? Most likely it will work...
          I don't think it would work. The stores don't even match the online prices even though they are both HD. At least that has been my experience.

Comment

• kmk
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • .Portland, Oregon
            • BT3100-1

You could be right. However, it depends on the manager. There are two HDs near to my place and I always have luck with one HD. Folks at the other HD simply not friendly and go by the book.

The other day I returned Dremel kit ($99) at one HD without receipt. The manager said "I have seen you here. so I give you refund". The other HD simply refused to take it.

Its worth giving it a shot...

Comment

• Rob R
              Established Member
              • Jan 2004
              • West, Michigan.

Originally posted by kmk
              You could be right. However, it depends on the manager. There are two HDs near to my place and I always have luck with one HD. Folks at the other HD simply not friendly and go by the book.

The other day I returned Dremel kit ($99) at one HD without receipt. The manager said "I have seen you here. so I give you refund". The other HD simply refused to take it.

Its worth giving it a shot...

what he didn't say was--i saw you steal it, and now we have your name, address and phone number....

sorry, couldn't help myself. i'm not actually trying to really, truely say you stole it.

is that a dremel in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

got the same thing here, one home depot, that has NO customer service should you actually need help with anything will take anything back, match prices, coupons whatever. the other one, nice associates ready to help, but it's full sticker full time.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2005
                • Independence, MO, USA.
                • bt3100

Originally posted by Copper
                It doesn't say anything about in store pickup.

The fine print:

*This offer is valid 3/27/2006 to 4/3/2006. This offer is valid and redeemable for a 10% discount on one entire online order at homedepot.com only. This offer is not valid on labor or SF&I (Self-Furnish and Install) and F&I (Furnish and Install) program products, including without limitation installed roofing, windows, siding, HVAC products, custom closets or storage solutions. See store for further details and a full listing of SF&I and F&I products. ©2006 Homer TLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

So shop online, but see the details of shopping online, only at the stores? This is stupid, I wonder if they provide a wireless access point, so I can look at the list and make sure what I need isn't on it.
                She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• kmk
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2006
                  • .Portland, Oregon
                  • BT3100-1

Originally posted by Rob R
                  what he didn't say was--i saw you steal it, and now we have your name, address and phone number....

sorry, couldn't help myself. i'm not actually trying to really, truely say you stole it.

is that a dremel in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

I didn't give them my address. Just signed on the receipt. Thats it. I paid for the item using store cedits earlier and I had no receipt. Thats why it was an issue. Otherwise HD takes returns without any issues. Since we started on a big remodel project, I have been going to one HD regularly. ..

Comment

• bobby_m
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Mar 2006

Both HD and Lowes accept returns without a receipt and issue store credit. If you want a CC or cash refund, that's another story. I picked up some HD 10% coupons off Ebay and generally had no problem using them at HD. Lowes ALWAYS takes them no questions asked. Now all of a sudden, Depot keeps finding excuses not to take them (not signed by manager, print date is 2004, etc). I always just leave my merch in the cart and walk out saying Lowes will honor it. I wonder how many times they'll watch potential sales walk out the door. BTW, if I'm buying over $1000 worth of stuff, I don't even need a coupon. I just go to the manager and tell him that I'd like 10% off due to the volume I'm buying. Sometimes I have to threaten to walk and sometimes they just do it without an arguement. You can't pull this off online.

Bobby

Comment

• ezland00
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by ryan.s
                      I don't think it would work. The stores don't even match the online prices even though they are both HD. At least that has been my experience.
                      same experience with me at my local lowes. No internet PM

Comment

Working...