• Show
Clear All
  • jbalders
    Established Member
    • Oct 2003
    • Vienna, VA, USA.
    • BT3100 + Shopsmith

Ryobi AirGrip MultiTASKit Clearance

It appears that the BORG is clearing out the Ryobi AirGrip MultiTASKit at $19.95, originally $49.95. The one I visited today (Fairfax Circle, Fairfax, VA) had a cart full of them, with a big sign showing the new price. It may or may not be a chain-wide sale.

This is a 5-piece kit that includes a vacuum base and four attachments that go on the base: laser level, 3 LED Light, an "extra hand" and a parts holder. A carrying bag is also included.

I don't see myself using anything but the laser level and maybe the light, but when the AirGrip Laser Level was oiriginally introduced, I think it was $30 or $40. The best thing about it is that it doesn't require anything to adhere it to the wall (except two AA batteries) like 3M Command strips, and doesn't leave any marks or holes.
    Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Jeff,

How good does it work for you? I've heard some discouraging words out on the range, that they don't hold all that well.

Actually, I looked at one during the Christmas season, thinking they'd make a nice present. Sort of neat how it works, using batteries to run what amounts to a tiny vacuum pump. But putting the demo unit on the side of the sheet metal panel they had set up for a demo, the thing sat clung for less than a minute and then fell on the floor rather loudly... it was sort of embarrasing! I picked it up, put it back on the bench, and left it alone!

But maybe for $20 it may be worth another look,

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• RHunter
      Established Member
      • Mar 2004
      • Mechanicsville, VA, USA.
      • BT3100

Jeff,

Any chances of you posting your receipt? The closest I can come down here in Richmond is $34.97. Naturally the closest HD to me is the most expensive at $50... Go figure..

TIA!!
      "You should give blood on a regular basis.."
      "Why I do of course, I'm a woodworker..."

Comment

• jbalders
        Established Member
        • Oct 2003
        • Vienna, VA, USA.
        • BT3100 + Shopsmith

CWS: I haven't had a chance to really use it yet, but I tested it on an old wood door (stained, not painted) in my basement. It held fine. There's also a rubber gasket and it's used to create a better seal on rougher surfaces. It's possible that the batteries were near exhaustion on the demo unit in the store.

RHunter: Receipt is attached.
        Attached Files
        Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

Comment

• Bojack
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006

Thanks for posting your receipt.Took a copy of receipt with me, Indianapolis HD won't touch it
          Don't know unless you try.

Comment

• jdschulteis
            Established Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100

When I saw them demo'ed at HD, they seemed to stick quite well to smooth surfaces. Was it a minute after shutting the pump off? I think the idea is to leave the pump running while you're using it. The vacuum won't hold to the sand textured drywall in my house though--have to pin it. I have also successfully used it on a tripod.
            Jerry

Comment

• BobH
              Forum Newbie
              • Sep 2004
              • Fraser, MI, USA.

$34.97 at the local BORG. They used to be $49.95 there. Now in a very prominent display in one of the tool aisles. Maybe an intermediate reduction before dropping the price further. If it goes down to $20 I'll bite.

Comment

• Greg.B
                Established Member
                • Feb 2006
                • Joppa, Maryland
                • Ryobi BT3100

Had one and returned it, It could not stick to painted wall at all. Horrible product I hate to say, and I love every Ryobi product I have.
                Former Member Name - JohnnyTest

Comment

• cwsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

The demo setup I tried actually had a sheet metal covering on a piece of plywood and the motor was running when it fell. However, considering it was a demo table, who knows how old the batteries were and they could have been near exhaustion... so, that's a good point.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is on "closeout" everywhere. My local store's latest flyer has them featured for around $34.97 after some kind of rebate; I'll have to look closer at the details and repost that information.

CWS
                  Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• jgscott987
                    Established Member
                    • Sep 2004
                    • Greensboro, NC, USA.
                    • BT3100 +

Love it

I have one and love it. It sticks very well to my somewhat rough plaster walls. I couldn't get it to stick to brick, but Ryobi claims it will.

I've used the 'helping hand' feature on it a couple of times- Stick this thing on the wall 10' away from you to hold up some molding while you nail the other end.

Comment

• TomBar
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Apr 2005
                      • Rexford, NY, USA.
                      • BT3100

Checked my local HD and they have the kit for $34.97. You can get a $20 rebate if you buy the kit and a ryobi cordless drill.
                      Tom

Comment

Working...