• Show
Clear All
  • venkatbo
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Cupertino, CA, USA.

60+ projects, tips, tricks, plans - for $7

Hi newbies,

If you are a noob like me, and looking to pick up some ww skills and build things useful for the shop/home, I think this deal can't be beat.

The editors of Wood Magazine (Better Homes & Gardens) have compiled a Best of 2005 Workshop Solutions March 8th issue, that has plans galore... While normally sites like Plans Now charge that much for just one comprehensive plan here you get a ton of them. Tho the plans are to add things to the shop, you can learn joinery, cabinet making, good/safe practices etc...

They are available at HD for ~7$ w/tax. Since it is a March issue, it may be taken away from the racks... I think its definitely a good buy...

I think many of the included plans are listed here: http://store.woodstore.net/shoptoolac.html

/venkat
    Last edited by venkatbo; 03-17-2006, 10:06 AM.
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Many More titles can be found here. The good things about most of these is the lack of ads

http://store.woodstore.net/woodbooks1.html

I've bought several in the past. Lots of tips and projects.

Be well,
    Greg

Comment

• kmk
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • .Portland, Oregon
      • BT3100-1

This month's ShopNotes Vol: 86 comes with additional issue called
      Home Workshop. Lot of plans for jigs etc.

Comment

• sacherjj
        Not Your Average Joe
        • Dec 2005
        • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
        • BT3100-1

When I subscribed to Shop Notes, I received a nice Small Workshop booklet with plans from previous Shop Notes that were applicable to setting up a shop. Some of there are good ideas, or trigger different ideas. I also use our library system quite a bit (Indianapolis), which has a fine selection of books.
        Joe Sacher

Comment

• Red88chevy
          Established Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Midland, Texas.

Thanks for the heads up! I looked at buying a plan from the NYW, it was $11, then they wanted another $5 to mail it to me. I passed. With 60 projects there should be something in there to get $7 worth.

Comment

Working...