• Show
Clear All
  • SHADOWFOX
    Veteran Member
    • May 2005
    • IL, USA.
    • DELTA 36-675

Ridgid Thickness Planer @ $119.00 ???

I was browsing the HD site because last night I stopped by at the Algonquin store by Randall rd and saw that they still have 3 NIB and 1 display unit of these Ridgid thickness planer but the price tag indicated $349.00

Going through the site and notice this on their Ridgid thickness planer but wrong description. This got me so excited but I think it was just a site error.
    Last edited by SHADOWFOX; 01-08-2008, 12:50 AM.
    Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.
  • softop41
    Established Member
    • Jul 2004
    • Plainfield, IL, USA.
    • BT3100-1

re: Ridgid planer

Hi Chris,
    I can't speak to the accuracy of the ad, or even the existance of such a planer, but i can tell you I have the Ridgid 13" planer and like it just fine. So, if you are in the market for a planer, give the 13" Ridgid a good, hard look. I wrestled with the idea of spending $500 for the DeWalt 735 and then at least another $125 for tables and spare knives that the Ridgid includes (as well as an included stand) for $349 and I just couldn't justify the cost of the DeWalt. The ridgid cuts very nice and smooth even though it is only a 2 knife, single speed unit.

FWIW
    Jerry
    Jerry
    Making High Quality Sawdust in Northeast Plainfield

Comment

• Ken Weaver
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Clemson, SC, USA
      • Rigid TS3650

I have the Ridgid as well and love it. In this case though, note that the ad (to the right) says "1 1/2 finish staper". Thier webmaster must not have had enough coffee.
      Ken Weaver
      Clemson, SC

"A mistake is absolute proof that someone tried to do something!

Comment

• jewalsh2k
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2006
        • Fairport, NY
        • BT3100

Chris,

That price is for the Ridgid Finish Stapler, you can even see it on the image you posted.

I went and looked for the Ridgid Planer and the product shows some Ryobi Tool Holder!!! So I think the HD site is all messed up right now.

Comment

• jdschulteis
          Established Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by softop41
          Hi Chris,
          I can't speak to the accuracy of the ad, or even the existance of such a planer, but i can tell you I have the Ridgid 13" planer and like it just fine. So, if you are in the market for a planer, give the 13" Ridgid a good, hard look. I wrestled with the idea of spending $500 for the DeWalt 735 and then at least another $125 for tables and spare knives that the Ridgid includes (as well as an included stand) for $349 and I just couldn't justify the cost of the DeWalt. The ridgid cuts very nice and smooth even though it is only a 2 knife, single speed unit.

FWIW
          Jerry
          I got the DW735 for $450 (10% off coupon that came with my HD credit card statement), spare set of knives free after $50 rebate (the rebate is good through 2006-04-30), and picked up the tables cheaply from a forum member who got them for $13 on clearance at Lowe's. Have to build myself a stand, though.

I must say if I could've had the Ridgid for $119 I'd have jumped on it.
          Jerry

Comment

• THyman
            Established Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Its not listed online anymore.
            War Eagle!

Comment

• sacherjj
              Not Your Average Joe
              • Dec 2005
              • Indianapolis, IN, USA.
              • BT3100-1

The BORG website has been messed up for a while. When I was looking up their Ridgid planner, I was given the proper price of the planner, but the picture and description of some tool bag. Although, my heart skipped a beat with the title of the post. Don't be teasing a man without a planner.
              Joe Sacher

Comment

Working...