• Show
Clear All
  • steve-u
    Established Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Bartlett, Ill.
    • Ryobi BT 3100

30% off all Freud at Amazon

Amazon is having a 30 percent off sale on all Freud products this weekend which makes it a good time to pick up that new blade or bit set you have been wanting. For instance the TK306 is going for $18.88 and the TK 406 and TK 906 are going for $24.49 once you add them to your cart. I need a new blade after using my RAS to cut Pergo last week which totally destroyed the blade though thankfully it was a no name cheap one. --- Steve

• jdschulteis
    Established Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks for the tip, Steve. The Freud C400 jointer knives that fit the Ridgid jointer are $11.72, seems like a great deal.
    Jerry

Comment

• jbalders
      Established Member
      • Oct 2003
      • Vienna, VA, USA.
      • BT3100 + Shopsmith

And it looks like the infamous SD206 Dado is back down to $59 -- again.

So, I think I've seen it at:

$90 -> $65 -> $85 -> $59 -> $95 -> $59

all in the past week or two.
      Jeff

BOFH excuse #360: Your parity check is overdrawn and you're out of cache.

Comment

• ryan.s
        • Feb 2006
        • So Cal
        • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by steve-u
        Amazon is having a 30 percent off sale on all Freud products this weekend which makes it a good time to pick up that new blade or bit set you have been wanting. For instance the TK306 is going for $18.88 and the TK 406 and TK 906 are going for $24.49 once you add them to your cart. I need a new blade after using my RAS to cut Pergo last week which totally destroyed the blade though thankfully it was a no name cheap one. --- Steve

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html...38?node=228013
        I want to pick up 2 new blades, one for the TS and CMS Which of these blades would you recommmend for each? I heard that Freud makes the blades for Ridgid. I already have the oem blades for the Ridgid 3650 TS as well as the Ridgid CMS. Would these blades make a difference in cut quality or would it not be worth it?

Comment

• Knottscott
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2004
          • Rochester, NY.
          • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by ryan.s
          I want to pick up 2 new blades, one for the TS and CMS Which of these blades would you recommmend for each? I heard that Freud makes the blades for Ridgid. I already have the oem blades for the Ridgid 3650 TS as well as the Ridgid CMS. Would these blades make a difference in cut quality or would it not be worth it?
          Amazon has priced the "L" series very attractively, and those blades are a step up the line from the Diablo and TK series. For a general purpose blade, the LU86R010 is probably their best 40T thin kerf blade ($25). The F410 is Freud's answer to the Forrest WWII but is only available in a full kerf...the modern high quality thin kerf's will cut extremely well and help reduce strain on smaller motors....no worries of deflection with the better blades. If you decide to go with a full kerf gen purp blade, take a serious look at the DeWalt DW7657....that's their answer to the Forrest for ~ $50! If you want slighter cleaner crosscuts at the expense of versatility and ripping, try the LU88R010...especially if you prefer to use dedicated blades and/or plan to add a ripper to your inventory.

For a CMS blade you probably won't benefit as much from a thin kerf, so you can get into something like their LU85R010 "Ultimate Crosscut" or maybe an LU91 with a negative hook. The LU85 will also be a great crosscut blade for your TS, but you'd definitely want to add a ripper to the inventory.

Freud makes the Ridgid Titanium series but I don't know about the stock blades. Any of these should be a huge improvement over the stock blades, and should have plenty of carbide for resharpening.
          Last edited by Knottscott; 03-12-2006, 04:06 PM.
          Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• jnesmith
            • Jan 2003
            • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Am I the only one that doesn't see anything about a 30% off sale on the page provided in the link?
            John

Comment

• jnesmith
              • Jan 2003
              • Tallahassee, FL, USA.

Hold the phone. I reloaded the page and the ad appeared. Wasn't there the first time. (I swear)

Thanks for the tip!
              John

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2003
                • SoCal, USA
                • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Any experience with the Laminate blade on melamine?
                Andrew

Comment

• steve-u
                  Established Member
                  • Nov 2005
                  • Bartlett, Ill.
                  • Ryobi BT 3100

Originally posted by ryan.s
                  I don't know how good the blade is on your table saw. If it does not do a good job crosscutting and for plywood or for ripping solid boards to your needs [shows tearout, very noticeable blade marks, rough cuts, slow cutting] then you certainly may want to get a better blade. If you are like me and have modest needs I find the TK306 thin kerf to be a great all around bargain blade. For your CMS you most likely want something better for crosscuts like the TK406 thin kerf 60 tooth or even an 80 tooth blade for really fine cuts. In Amazon search for Freud 10 to find their selection of 10 inch blades and read the reviews to give you an idea of what other users have to say about their various blades. Depending on your budget and needs you may want to get a dedicated rip blade if you do a lot of ripping and then another for croscuttting or general use for the TS. --- Steve

Comment

• steve-u
                    Established Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • Bartlett, Ill.
                    • Ryobi BT 3100

Originally posted by jbalders
                    And it looks like the infamous SD206 Dado is back down to $59 -- again.

So, I think I've seen it at:

$90 -> $65 -> $85 -> $59 -> $95 -> $59

all in the past week or two.

That is very curious. I have seen a lot of the same. I can't believe a human being is doing all that but I wonder if they program their computer to adjust proces based on velocity and inventory within a range. --- Steve

Comment

Working...