• Show
Clear All
  • MoldnMaker
    Established Member
    • Dec 2005
    • McKenzie, TN, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Oldham 10" blade with T4 silencer $8.97 at Sears

I was wandering around the local Sears. Immediately went to check out what they had left on clearance, got a few things. THEN I noticed they were having a Sale where any tool you can fit in this Craftsman tote you get 10% and the tote free with a $20 minimum. So I start looking around for something else to get me up to $20. I was half way there anyway. Then I remembered about that other thread regarding the made in CHINA blades on the new Bt3100 and I checked I got one. So I was checking the blades and saw the Oldham 10" Signature Woodworking series carbide tipped blade with free T4 Silencer, free resharpening coupon and made in USA . It was marked marked $38 with no clearance or sale signage, so I figured with my 10% off it would be $35 which was fine with me. Then shock and awe as it rang up for only $8.97 as a clearance item. It's a 50 tooth blade, so I'm more than satisfied. We'll see how it does tommorow. I haven't got a ZCTP yet, so I'm going to put ithe Silencer on there too. If you have a ZCTP the silincer will limit your blade height by hitting the the throat plate.

Here is a a link to a 40T similar blade
    http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com...rd-623150.aspx
    But the tooth pattern on the 50T looks more like this
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." by Albert Einstein
  • Cody Carse
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • Canal Winchester, OH
    • Soon to be a proud owner of a brand new BT3100!!!

I sure wish I could find the clearance section in my local sears. Is it normally in a certain section of the store?

Comment

• psal2
      Established Member
      • Mar 2005
      • Mechanicsburg, PA, USA.

All the hardware areas just find a shelf or a table and put the items on them. Some stores just leave the items where they are hanging and put a pretty little pink tag on them. Look for the pink or yellow, black and white closeout tags.
      Thanks,
      Pete

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

You stand a good chance of that being a great blade. Aside from the few I've read about that had some quality issues, many absolutely love the Signature series blades.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• evgenyb
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006
          • Folsom, CA, USA.

Just got back from Sears. I was "looking around" and found a box of these blades. 50 tooth for $49 and 40 tooth for around $37. Asked for a price and wow - 50 tooth is less than $5, 40 is less than $8. Got myself a gift

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
            Veteran Member
            • May 2005
            • IL, USA.
            • DELTA 36-675

Dang it, I just came back from the Springhill store. I'll have to take a trip there again tomorrow.
            Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• ryan.s
              • Feb 2006
              • So Cal
              • Ridgid TS3650

Originally posted by evgenyb
              Just got back from Sears. I was "looking around" and found a box of these blades. 50 tooth for $49 and 40 tooth for around $37. Asked for a price and wow - 50 tooth is less than $5, 40 is less than $8. Got myself a gift
              Anyone have an item number for these blades? I want to call and make sure my local sears has them. Thanks.

Comment

• evgenyb
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2006
                • Folsom, CA, USA.

I'm not sure what is item# on receipt, but here is what I have on it:

1) 9 24048 UPC=049551991009 $7.97 (40 tooth)
                2) 9 24065 UPC=049551991016 $4.97 (50 tooth)

Comment

Working...