• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Ideas On The Way To Other Things...

The other day, I was rummaging through the wood rack in the shop looking for a piece to use for a clamp caul and came across a short piece of cherry. It was a leftover from a table I made a decade ago and it had some sap wood that didn't fit with the table design. But it gave me an inspiration for a project. So now I'm making a 15"x20"x1" cutting board from cherry and maple. Nothing fancy, just something to do and to use up some scraps. It should be a freebee, but I ended up spending $45 for a bowl bit that I didn't have. Once again, I have used a project to justify spending money for tools.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I plan a project, pick the weekend I am going to do it, buy what is needed to complete it and then LOML has other plans for THAT weekend, then I lose a key part or tool that I bought just for that project!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Oh yeah! Some might recall the thread I posted some time ago about losing things in the shop and bemoaning the lost air blast nozzle necessitating buying a new $5.00 nozzle. Yesterday, I was setting up a plunge router with an edge guide and needed the screws to lock it in place. I went to the box that contains all of my router accessories for the screws and there in the bottom of the box was the missing air blast nozzle! Why it was there is a mystery to me and probably why I didn't find it before. Yes, I have the replacement in hand and both nozzles are now stored ON the air compressor, where they should have been in the first place.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

All of our stuff from various storage locations are delivered now. I was at HD this morning for paint and *almost* bought another multi tool blade, but I'm almost positive I have a new one in a tool box that was just dropped off. Now I just need to find it.

Comment

• atgcpaul
          atgcpaul commented
          Editing a comment
          My gamble failed. I found an empty pack of blades, and the one I did find was already near its end of life.
      Working...