Thinking about buying a color laser printer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Hi Loring,

I apologize for the delay, it's been a busy week.

I purchased the new printer last week 8/28/22 for $299.99 and the 4-year protection plan was $49.99. With NY sales tax the bill came to $377.00. Bottom line, with the Asurion cash card redemption of $249.99 (the price I paid for the original printer in April, 2021) the whole replacement cost was $127.99. Not bad considering I got over a year's usage out of the first printer.

I still don't know the cause of the jam, and I'm wondering if it was a paper curl caused by the difference in temperature between the heated printer and the cold paper. I had just printed a 48-page document on 20 lb stock and then decided that I wanted a heavier paper for the cover. I put in two sheets of 28 lb, from the package on the shelf, and hit the print button for the first and last pages and that's when it jammed, with both pages curling around the fuser roller. I'm thinking that perhaps the printer was pretty warm and the pages were off the storage shelf where it was definitely cooler. Perhaps that's what caused the curl; but, I really don't know. The paper that was in the printer's paper tray were better protected temperature-wise, than the packaged paper which was cooler because of the A/C... I'm only making an experienced guess of course. I've seen paper come off my smaller Dell B1160W monochrome actually steaming if I print a number of pages. With that the Dell, the paper sits in an open tray and isn't enclosed as with the Brother.

CWS
    Last edited by cwsmith; 09-03-2022, 11:27 AM.
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• anglinastone
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2022
      • United States

I think before buying this, be check feedback of other people to buy this. Also carefully check product descriptions

Comment

Working...