• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Peaved a new Amazon trend

I've been noticing a new trend on Amazon that has me peaved. I wanted to buy some new casters for a shop cabinet. As I do with ever Amazon purchase, I rely on user reviews to guide me. One set of casters caught my eye because the design was slightly different, the price was decent, and there were 8 5 star reviews. However, once I started reading the reviews, I got POed. Not one of the reviewers had actually bought the casters for full price but got them at a greatly reduced price from the seller to provide an "unbiased" review. I've seen a few other items I've been interested in with these unbiased reviews, too. At least per Amazon's policy, they come clean in the review, but it just turns me off to buying this product.
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I agree, that type of stuff really ticks me off, too. I'm glad you caught it.

I saw an article recently about this site that will scan Amazon reviews and rate them based on the probability of paid reviews. I haven't used it, but if it works, it's a great service.

Fakespot spots, analyzes and identifies fake reviews and counterfeits - helping you out when buying stuff online.
    Joe

Comment

Working...