• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

need help old timers

I am downsizing a little so I took my BT3 off the large table I made and going back to original stand and setup. I have opened up and in the process of cleaning. What is the lube we have used over the year called ? I had some but it's good I know picked up at Lowes. and it was silicone free. Was it PTFE or some similar ?. I am not going to be doing the project I have in past but want to keep it for project that come up. I will be 74 in Sept and don't plan on building a kitchen full of cabinets again. It was the first big tool I bought when I retired infact I left work at 10 am on the day I retired went to the back deposited my last pay and my lump sum payment check for Vacation, overtime and unused sick leave, Went down to Toyota bought my truck and stopped at BORG and pcked up my bt3 still have both 14 years later

Tom
  • mpc
    • Feb 2005
    • Cypress, CA, USA.
    • BT3000 orig 13amp model

Johnson's Paste Wax in the squat yellow can? In my Lowes it was located in area with the furniture polishes. The Borg carries it too.

mpc

Comment

• TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

Sorry I was specific enough it is the spray lube for raising a lowering the blades. It does not contain Silicone and is a dry lube if I remember right spry in whe motor be blade slide up and down and on the greats and mechanism turned buy the hand crank

Tom

Comment

• cork58
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Wasilla, AK, USA.
        • BT3000

I believe what you are after is Bostik Top Cote. No petroleum or silicones. Works really well for me.

Dan
        Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Dan Tha may be it thanks.

Comment

• mineengineer
            Established Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
            • BT3000 and BT3100 Frankensaw

I think you are talking about Super Lube Dri Film in an gray aerosol can. It has PTFE in it I think
            Link

Comment

• TB Roye
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

Found what I was looking for at HD. WD 40 has some also with PTFE The can I had before was th Dri Film in the grey can. HD was close on my running around this mornin. Putting the saw back together now Thanks everyone.

Tom

Comment

Working...