• Show
Clear All
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Wine coolers

Getting ready to remodel Dinning room by building a Buffett Cabinets with a Wine Cooler/refrigerator at one end. There are two type of coolers Thermoelectric and traditional compressor type. Which do you wine guys think is better? The review seem to be all over the map. I want it to be dual zone and hold 24-36 bottles of various size. I am not planning on building it in but depending on the height it may be under counter top with space for ventilation on the sides and back.

Tom
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Tom,

Sorry I cant help you with your actual question, however, I am happy to hop over and help you test whatever you install. I am sure it will take quite a few bottles to make sure it is cooling to the appropriate drinkable temperature...
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• Stytooner
      Roll Tide RIP Lee
      • Dec 2002
      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
      • BT3100

Lots of helpful folks around here. I can't help with that either. They don't make it long enough to be placed into a cool storage facility around here.
      Lee

Comment

• TB Roye
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
        • BT3100

Jon if you are ever in Sacrmento let me and I will take wine tasting. We belong to 3 wine clubs and good friend work in tasiting room of one and brothr in law is good friend with the owner of anoter. There are so many wineries around here. If htere is vacant ground there could be winery there next year. Then when we travel to Idaho we have a couple of favorites one near Boise and the other in Sandpoint Idaho (up north in the pan handle) I am no conosuir but I know what I like. When we travel with my wife's sister and her husband we take our big Ford Expedition as it has plenty of room for cases of wine. We give a lot away as we don't have enough room to store it all. My Cousin a Batchelor has a hole bedroom in his house with large wine fridges holds about 1200 expensive bottles, that's his hobby.

Tom
        Last edited by TB Roye; 07-11-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• poolhound
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Phoenix, AZ
          • BT3100

Originally posted by TB Roye
          Jon if you are ever in Sacrmento let me and I will take wine tasting. We belong to 3 wine clubs and good friend work in tasiting room of one and brothr in law is good friend with the owner of anoter. There are so many wineries around here. If htere is vacant ground there could be winery there next year. Then when we travel to Idaho we have a couple of favorites one near Boise and the other in Sandpoint Idaho (up north in the pan handle) I am no conosuir but I know what I like. When we travel with my wife's sister and her husband we take our big Ford Expedition as it has plenty of room for cases of wine. We give a lot away as we don't have enough room to store it all. My Cousin a Batchelor has a hole bedroom in his house with large wine fridges holds about 1200 expensive bottles, that's his hobby.

Tom
          Tom, be careful we will take you up on that. I have a friend who lives in the south of France and we were with him wine tasting around the Cote du Rhone region only 2 weeks ago. Loads of fun and so cheap, its such a shame there was no easy way to bring it home.
          Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
          techzibits.com

Comment

Working...