• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shep
    • Nov 2008
    • Columbus, OH
    • Hitachi C10FL

Been awhile

Been away for a while due to work. Things are a little light today, so I figured I check out the site and say hi. Hi.

Might as well share some exciting news; my wife, kids and I are moving to a new house, and with a new house comes a dedicated basement workshop. My previous shop was a shared basement setting with not enough room between laundry, freezer, storage etc. The new house has a wing that will by my shop. It must have had a shop there before based on the lighting and multiple receptacles well placed throughout.

I've also been given the green light from SWMBO to install a full dust collection system. (Shared spaces and dust didn't go well together.) I've already checked out some of the HF dust collector mods and Thien separator ideas. I'm excited to get going. If I run into questions, I'll be sure to ask.

I'm hoping things stay quiet with work, but they never do for long. I'd like to be able to post a few updates here and there, but time will tell.
    -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Wow! Welcome back and congrats on the new house and more free time. I remember the dress up bin you made for your daughter. Looking forward to seeing more posts.

Comment

• JoeyGee
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • Sylvania, OH, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Welcome back and congrats.
      Joe

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

I am sure you are going to enjoy the room of a dedicated basement shop with a good DC system. What a way to get started again! Welcome back.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Shep
          • Nov 2008
          • Columbus, OH
          • Hitachi C10FL

atgcpaul,

Looking forward to posting some pics. I went from having all of my projects done to now having a long list of upgrades. First project on my wife's list is to turn the first floor laundry room into a mud room. Did this at the old house should be a fun project.
          -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.

Comment

Working...