• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

All in a Day's Life!

My wife yelled at me today and then my dog growled and barked at me. Guess I deserved it!

Our living room has not had a TV in it since my mom passed away in 2005. We gave the old tube TV (circa 1980s) with a very good wood cabinet away.

Linda has wanted another TV but with no kids at home, (and us in Japan through 2010) and a TV in the den and two others in two bedrooms, there was no big need. Even Linda didn’t push for one for the living room. Well, last mother’s day we saw a nice 48” flat screen on a very very good sale, and bought one. We brought it home but didn’t have a stand to put it on, so it was put into a large closet until Linda found the right stand for the living room.

Well, she found one last week and this weekend I bought it and brought it home. I set the TV on it, hooked it up, but DID NOT turn ANYTHING on. That is Linda’s job. If I punch a button and something doesn’t work, it is my fault. So, with wisdom, I give her the controls and make it clear that I haven’t pushed a single button nor turned anything on.

She begins the set up, types codes onto the screen, goes back, goes forward, starts over, tries again, then after 30 minutes, yells at me for the slight smirk on my face, and yes, I deserved it! Then she yells, YOU DO IT if you think you can do it so well!. She hands me the control.

For some reason I press “Enter”, then press OK . . . . and it worked!

I get a “daggers” look from her!

I sat down and started laughing. Then the dog growled at me and started barking at me for laughing! The more I laughed the more the dog barked!

It was a fun time!

Linda got her TV! I am the one watching it by the fire place!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Where is the wife and nasty dog? in the other room watch a TV the make work.

Tom

Comment

Working...