• Show
Clear All
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Kids!

My daughter took her 2 girls to see Santa at the mall. Paige is in 2nd grade, while Emma is 2 years younger. Paige figured out last year that some things just weren't real.

Emma went first to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas. When she was getting off Santa's lap, she told Santa that her sister, Paige, was next. When Paige got on Santa's lap, Santa said "Hello Paige". Paige looked at him, and asked "How did you know my name?" Santa told her he just knows stuff like that. After telling Santa what she wanted, she returned to her mother, and said "He was the real one! He knew my name!."

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/
  • big tim
    • Mar 2006
    • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
    • SawStop PCS

Children are a delight, particularly the little ones(most of the time)
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Tim
    Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

That was a good one. Enjoyed that.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Cochese
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2010

Enjoy it while it lasts, I know I am. It's going to be harder next year to get everything prepared for his arrival.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
        I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• lrr
          Established Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Fort Collins, Colorado
          • Ryobi BT-3100

It is so much fun to see kids' excitement over Santa.

Our daughters are grown, and now we have the fun of Christmas with grand kids. When our girls were at the age that we sensed they may be having doubts about Santa's existence, I did something to try to fix that.

We have a fireplace with a brick hearth. Next to the cookie plate with crumbs on it, and the empty glass of milk, I sprinkled ashes from the fireplace, and put boot prints in them. Worked like a charm to rekindle the faith.
          Lee

Comment

Working...