Anyone use Rockler's Complete Dovetail Jig?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • durango dude
    • Mar 2011
    • a thousand or so feet above insanity
    • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

Anyone use Rockler's Complete Dovetail Jig?

Rockler has a sale on the Complete Dovetail Jig (with vacuum attachment),
    and I'm deliberating on what to do with some extra birthday money.

I can't really afford Leigh or PC. This looks like a reasonably good package, at a reasonable price.
  • akronee
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2011
    • Denver, CO
    • Craftsman 315.228110

I'm thinking about that jig too, right price, plus does both through and half blind dovetails.

Comment

• Relative
      Established Member
      • Mar 2007
      • Garden Grove, CA
      • Ridgid R4512

Got the jig about 2 years ago. Found that I no longer use the vacuum attachment because I didn't like it blocking the visibility of the bit as I traveled it through its paces. The additional templates available make this a decent choice.

Mike
      Veterans are people who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including their life.

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Several months ago, I got the Harbor Freight dovetail jig, which is only $30.

It is a very similar design, albeit without the vacuum attachment, bits, etc. and it doesn't come with a comb that provides for thru-dovetails. (It just does half-blind ones.) I posted a review of this at the time, with pictures, as I recall.

Since then, I've seen what appears to be "combs" offered from other suppliers that might well fit the HF jig. (MLCS, Grizzly, etc.) I haven't gone after any of these yet, but intend to do so in the not-to-distant future.

(I'm new to using a dovetail jig of any kind (or dovetails for that matter); but it IS the template or "comb" that makes the thru-dovetail possible on this kind of jig, isn't it?)

For what it's worth,

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...