• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

A good , but tiring day

My brother usually takes care of the mowing but he has been sick for the past 3 weeks and the grass was getting tall. I have been doing some mowing when I had time and decided to get the yard cleaned up today.

Ran an ad on CL this morning for clippings for compost and started mowing. I still need to edge but the grass is all cut, swept, bagged, and picked up. Even got all the hand mowing / trim work done.

I'm beat, but it was worth it!

With the holiday next week end coinciding with my long week end, I should be off work for 4 days. Usually on the Saturday before a Monday holiday they schedule everyone not on leave to work. That still leaves Friday, Sunday, and Monday free to finish the paint job on the trike and bike parts. Assuming that only takes 2 days, I plan to start digging and setting forms to pour a ramp into the storage barn and widen the parking pad to accommodate the trike.

I took the first 2 weeks in June off to pour the concrete and do the trike conversion.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Now that I have a gas mower and gas string trimmer, I have a new appreciation for the art of grass cutting. I guess all this green grass could be put to better use but it just looks so nice when it's freshly cut and neatly trimmed.

Comment

Working...