• Show
Clear All
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

A pretty cool compliment on our work

I've done little in the way of actual woodworking. A lot of this is because of remodeling projects I've been conscripted into for my brother.

It's been one house after the other, and the one we most recently completed is on the Minneapolis Home Tour. This is a free tour that's held every year, where regular people open their homes throughout the city and allow people to check them out. It's really cool, because Minneapolis has such a wide range of architectual styles, and some people have really done some amazing work keeping them in shape or remodeling them.

So, on the Home Tour's home page, they selected a picture of our house! Given the number of cool houses on the tour, that's pretty cool.

Here's a link to the website:
    The MSP Home Tour is a free self guided tour of remodeled homes in the Twin Cities Metro area that brings together thousands of home enthusiasts for a weekend of exploring and sharing home remodeling ideas from homes of all vintages.

Our house is #22, and you can see some of the information here:

The guy in the picture is my brother.

I may not have any pictures of furniture to show off, but I thought that there are fans of nice homes that would appreciate it. Check out some of the other houses too. Some pretty cool homes are always in the tour.
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Nice work BigguyZ. That ceiling in the second photo must have been difficult. Love the color scheme in the bathroom. No wonder you haven't been doing a lot of woodworking. Congrats on the home page selection.
    Richard

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

That is very nice! I am glad you kept with the style of the home. Color choice is modern but fitting. Kudos
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• BigguyZ
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Thanks! Yeah, it's kinda frustrating not being able to work on my own projects, but without my help my brother would really be stuck... Doing this is his full time job. Usually we remodel and rent the places out, but in this case we'll eventually be putting it on the market.

As far as the design goes, that's really all my brother. He's the designer, and I'm the poor shlub who has to bring it to life.

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

Not sure which I like better, the bedroom with the odd angles and built in dresser or the classic look of the bathroom and the vanity you used. Both are fantastic designs and beautifully executed!

As far as the first picture, I hope you take after the other side of the family...
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

Working...