Qoutes from Gen. James Mattis USMC (Ret)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Qoutes from Gen. James Mattis USMC (Ret)

Warning: Some 'inappropraite' language for those who are NOT Marines

Gen. James Mattis, known to his troops as “Mad Dog Mattis,” relinquished command of the U.S. Central Command in March of this year and announced his planned retirement after 41 years of military service.

The Marine Corps Times is calling Mattis the “most revered Marine in a generation.”

Mattis has been commander of the United States Central Command since 2010 and led the 1st Marine Division into Iraq in 2003.

Mattis was an inspirational leader of men and his powerful words will go down in history.

Here are some of the best words that the “Mad Dog” has had to offer:

1. “I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”

(San Diego Union Tribune)

2. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some *******s in the world that just need to be shot.”

(Business Insider)

3. “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I’ll kill you all.”

4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

5. “Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”

(Business Insider)

6. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

7. “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”

8. “You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”

(Mattis’ Letter To 1st Marine Division)

9. “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”

(Business Insider)

10. “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”

(Defense News)

11. “There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”

12. “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”

13. “You go into Afghanistan , you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a **** of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a **** of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”

(CNN)

14. “I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”

15. “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”

16. “Fight with a happy heart and strong spirit”

I will add 2 more qoutes to the list. The first is from his change of command as Commander, U.S. Central Command.

“Mister Secretary, Chairman, I would happily storm **** in the company of these troops, who I haven’t the words sufficient to praise, so I will not try,” Mattis said, according to a transcript of the event. “They know how strongly I believe in them, how strongly they have demonstrated to the world that free men and women can fight like the dickens.”

Second, in a March 14 email to Marine Corps Times, Mattis said he prefers to end his 41-year career quietly.

“I’ve had some ‘riotous excursions of the human spirit’ alongside the young Sailors and Marines and it’s time to leave the stage to the young leaders who got their rank the old-fashioned way — they earned their stripes in combat,” Mattis said. “The Corps is in good hands, and it’s been a privilege to serve with the Leathernecks. Now it’s time to go.”
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

He is quite spirited. Everything you want and need in a commander. God bless him and his years of service.

On another note, I am not sure if someone like that can really retire!? I just conjure up images of R. Lee Ermey and explosions for some reason
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• All Thumbs
      Established Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Penn Hills, PA
      • BT3K/Saw-Stop

Originally posted by chopnhack
      God bless him and his years of service.
      You said it right there, God bless the man, and all that served before, with, and after him.

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Some great quotes, from a great man. I like them all but don't really agree with #6. Well, maybe under certain conditions.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
          Some great quotes, from a great man. I like them all but don't really agree with #6. Well, maybe under certain conditions.

What,
          I can see you now: "Hi Mom"
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• TB Roye
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Sacramento, CA, USA.
            • BT3100

Not need for any discussion or asking for a definition. If you don't understand it tuff ****

Like my first Sargent told onece in the Army Reserve. You have been trained to do two things. break things and kill things. This is from guy we would have followed into battle any place right after we threw the Battalion Commander off the ship. The Battalion Commander was the head of the English Dept. at the High School I graduated from 4 years earlier, who I don't think had any Combat experience and was way out of shape.

Tom

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

Battle confrontations take on an immediacy of decision when faced with it. The question asked..."Are you willing to die for your country?" takes on new meaning when faced with having to make that decision. For some, it's either a them or me situation. A general personality profile taken from new recruits show that approximately 10% have the fortitude to engage themselves in a life or death confrontation, such as close range killing of the enemy. Some evaluators find that percentage alarming, while others reflect that it is expected behavior.

It's really a calming thought for me when those 10%'s are on my team.

Comment

Working...