• Show
Clear All
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
    Well now that I know what you guys own, I'll be paying some of you a visit (late at night) to "round out" my collection.

Thanks,

Bruce
    You also know how many of them are loaded and within reach. Might want to rethink "rounding out" the collection.

I have a small metal locked gun cabinet (not a safe ) for my small collection, plus a small fire safe for important papers and ammo.

g.
    Last edited by gsmittle; 04-11-2013, 07:05 PM. Reason: Removed the list of firearms.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
      Veteran Member
      • May 2003
      • Nanuet, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

Originally posted by gsmittle
      You also know how many of them are loaded and within reach. Might want to rethink "rounding out" the collection.
      g.
      G-
      When I spent my time in SE Asia, I was hooked up with Op.Phoenix, got really good at sneaking up on NVA, unheard. See you soon.

Bruce
      "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
      Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• chopnhack
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2006
        • Florida
        • Ryobi BT3100

I got them all locked up in a safe bolted to the concrete floor. Room is not accessible easily from any exterior entrances and is fairly well hidden. I have small ones and don't even access it when they are up and running around. I don't think the gun instruction or discussion will occur until I am sure I can trust both to not run to school and tell their friends what they saw! I would like quicker access to the 9 though... I will have to revisit some type of small safe. Can't stash around the house b/c of kids, but would love to have CWL but employer also doesnt allow.
        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by tommyt654
          TSC doesn't show a price in my area - what where they showing for you?

Found another one that looks interesting

I never thought of putting one in figuring that since the house is A/C'd the inside should be about the same r.h. I guess any extra help can't hurt.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

$14.99 a really good price if you can find one. I like mine,works very well and only requiires drying it out maybe 1 time every 3-4 months , http://www.tractorsupply.com//Produc...&storeId=10151

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by durango dude
              Okay - to get us back to the woodworking theme - all my firearms have wood on them, somewhere. It can be grips or the stock.

In any event, if there's no wood - I'm not buying!
              Really? No wood on any of mine that I purchased. Long or short. Always perceived florida humidity as being an issue.

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

I was thinking of posting what weapons I had and how and where they are secured. Then I thought nah. Doing that makes about as much sense as posting shop pictures and showing what's on what shelf, and which machinery is where.

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Never even gave that issue a thought,but some might.My neighbors (at least 2 close ones) are Sheriffs and work different shifts and are always home during the same time I am which is pretty much always,plus I have the dog and security devices to enlighten any who might consider burglarizing the house. We live right of the main rd. that pass's thru several other neighborhoods and lots of others here are retired as well as home always, so no real concern about posting pics that others might see. I can see being paranoid about things if you might live in a bad neighborhood or out from everyone else,but we all look out for each others homes around here and lots of daily monitoring goes on in our community so we all feel safe about who,what,where things go on about us. Its a nice cozy warm feeling kinda like peeing in ones pants

Comment

• gsmittle
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2004
                    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                    • BT 3100

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
                    G-
                    When I spent my time in SE Asia, I was hooked up with Op.Phoenix, got really good at sneaking up on NVA, unheard. See you soon.

Bruce
                    Great. Now I have to sleep with one eye open, not that it will help.

I can sneak up on teenagers, but they help out by blasting music in their ears. I predict a whole generation of deaf young adults.

g.
                    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                    Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...