• Show
Clear All
  • aiyou
    SawdustZone Patron
    • Mar 2006
    • Charlotte, NC
    • BT3100

Alternate Android Browsers?

Wondering if there are any reputable, sleeper browsers on the Android Market that I should look at.

I've got a Galaxy S3, and don't care for the stock browser. Have tried FireFox and Opera, but have been using Chrome for the majority of time. However, the latest update for Chrome is not to my liking (slow response on sites with Accordion menus, non-responsive to close commands to ads, disparate font sizes when viewing threads on BT3Central).

Trying Dolphin now, and looked at Spearmint.

Any other favorites that don't bombard with ads?

Thanks
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I use the stock browser under Android 4 (forget which flavor of ice cream) for most things on my Motorola Xoom tablet and my HTC EVO phone. If I run across a troublesome website, I switch to Opera.

Comment

• BigguyZ
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2006
      • Minneapolis, MN
      • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

On my GS3 I do use the custom browser over Chrome. I guess I've been too lazy to try out much more than that.

On my Kindle Fire HD 8.9, I have Dolphin with Flash. It's nice to have flash for videos, and I really do like how you can access the bookmarks by swiping to the right, rather than having to scroll all the way to the top of the page to see the header/ bookmark button.

Comment

Working...