• Show
Clear All
  • gnal41
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2009
    • central Indiana
    • bt3000

John, thanks for the Ryobi website - http://www.ryobitoolsoutlet.com/

I had put off purchasing spare belts and miter table fence pivots and this thread prompted me to order the parts. The price of the belts were $16.99 x 2 and pivots were $1.49 x 2.

thanks again, bill

Comment

• John Hunter
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Lake Station, IN, USA.
      • BT3000 & BT3100

Originally posted by gnal41
      John, thanks for the Ryobi website - http://www.ryobitoolsoutlet.com/

I had put off purchasing spare belts and miter table fence pivots and this thread prompted me to order the parts. The price of the belts were $16.99 x 2 and pivots were $1.49 x 2.

thanks again, bill
      What a difference in prices! It amazed me.
      John Hunter

Comment

• John Hunter
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Lake Station, IN, USA.
        • BT3000 & BT3100

I really like http://www.ryobitoolsoutlet.com/ yesterday they emailed me that my order was being processed, today they sent a change in order status letting me know the order has been shipped.
        John Hunter

Comment

• gnal41
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2009
          • central Indiana
          • bt3000

Originally posted by John Hunter
          I really like http://www.ryobitoolsoutlet.com/ yesterday they emailed me that my order was being processed, today they sent a change in order status letting me know the order has been shipped.
          Same here John,
          Placed order, received an order confirmation email and a order shipped email within 24 hours (8 items) and no back orders - i'm happy!

... thanks again to the fellows who came up with the cheaper sites, bill

Comment

• worknhard
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2011
            • Denver, CO
            • BT3000, Shopsmith 510, Luna combo machine

Glad you guys are having good luck getting your parts. The last time I place an order with Ryobitoolsoutlet.com, (also known as Mowtown.com), was for 5 different part numbers; only one was in stock, another was on back order, the other three were no longer available.

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

A year or so ago I had a terrible time with getting replacement belts from Sears. The price was the best that I could find and the web site stated that they were "In Stock" and I figured I'd have them within a few days... but two weeks later I still didn't have them.

I called and was told they were on "Back Order"... so I tried to cancel the order and would order them from M and D Mower.

They told me I couldn't, even though they were well past the promised delivery date. We went "round and round" over this, without satisfaction.

Has anyone ever tried to locate the belt manufacturer? I tried without any luck, but thought perhaps I just didn't have the wherewithall..

The ID on my belts is "Bando 106H NJ".

Just a thought,

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• John Hunter
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2004
                • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                • BT3000 & BT3100

Well this is going to be fun, the order that was cancelled from the Gardner INC just arrived. I won't open it and will have to see what I need to do to return it.
                John Hunter

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Well this is going to be fun, the order that was cancelled from the Gardner INC just arrived. I won't open it and will have to see what I need to do to return it.
                  Sounds like billing and shipping departments run on different schedules
                  I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• John Hunter
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                    • BT3000 & BT3100

Unbelievable!

I cut the shipping invoice open that was taped to the back of the package to find who I should contact to return the belts. Guess what the yellow shipping invoice is from Motown USA even though the return name on the outside of the package is Gardner INC! The invoice is for the correct price, this is not the order I cancelled it seems that Gardner and Motown are the same company!
                    John Hunter

Comment

• chopnhack
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2006
                      • Florida
                      • Ryobi BT3100

I cut the shipping invoice open that was taped to the back of the package to find who I should contact to return the belts. Guess what the yellow shipping invoice is from Motown USA even though the return name on the outside of the package is Gardner INC! The invoice is for the correct price, this is not the order I cancelled it seems that Gardner and Motown are the same company!
                      Wow... talk about fleecing.. and it still came from the same company I have seen something like this before when I was looking for pulls for a kitchen recently. Several companies had similar looking websites, but the prices were vastly different, but IIRC it was the same company with different web outlets!
                      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• greenacres2
                        • Dec 2011
                        • La Porte, IN
                        • Ryobi BT3000

This guy http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-V-Belts-OE...item2578c3ddb3 has a lot of BT3x00 parts listed on e-bay. E-mailing him BEFORE a purchase usually results in much better pricing than the e-bay listing. Good guy to work with, and really knows his BT's. (i think his name is Jerry, but i can't find any of my e-mails with him).

earl

Comment

• John Hunter
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2004
                          • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                          • BT3000 & BT3100

All I can say is to use the http://www.ryobitoolsoutlet.com/ link, best prices and I ordered on Dec. 19th delivery was this morning Dec. 21st.

Just finished putting the belts on, thanks to those that posted articles they really helped, especially using a rachet to turn the shaft while rolling the belts on. Now I still have to put the saw all back together but I am taking a break and will do that tomorrow. These old fingers are just plain tired.
                          John Hunter

Comment

• worknhard
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2011
                            • Denver, CO
                            • BT3000, Shopsmith 510, Luna combo machine

John I'm glad you got your belts. I hope everything goes back together well and you can start making saw dust again.

Before we end this thread however, let me see if I have all the players identified correctly; Ryobi Parts website is actually Gardner Inc., and Ryobitoolsoutlet is really Motown... which is also Gardner Inc. So can we just say that Ryobi Parts, Gardner Inc., Ryobitoolsoutlet, and Motown, are all one in the same? ...even though each name has a different website and different prices? Not that it makes whole lot of difference, but it does seem a bit odd.

Ron

Comment

• John Hunter
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 2004
                              • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                              • BT3000 & BT3100

You have it but just to confuse us even more Gardner Inc and Motown have different physical locations!

Gardner Inc.'s return address on the box is in Columbus Ohio

and

Motown, which is on the invoice and the one I placed the second order with is in Kennesaw, Georgia!
                              John Hunter

Comment

• woodturner
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jun 2008
                                • Western Pennsylvania
                                • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by worknhard
                                Before we end this thread however, let me see if I have all the players identified correctly; Ryobi Parts website is actually Gardner Inc., and Ryobitoolsoutlet is really Motown... which is also Gardner Inc. So can we just say that Ryobi Parts, Gardner Inc., Ryobitoolsoutlet, and Motown, are all one in the same?
                                The companies are apparently owned by the same parent company - just like Kmart and Sears are owned by the same company and Ryobi and Ridgid are owned by the same parent company.

The websites are different companies owned by the same holding company, so they essentially operate as different businesses. From the posts in this thread, it's also likey that some of the companies subcontract their parts delivery to other companies. For example, Ryobitoolsoutlet apparently subcontracts their parts delivery to Motown.

Many online vendors subcontract their stock and delivery, the contemporary version of "drop shipping". When I buy auto parts online, for example, they are normally shipped directly from the manufacturer. Many different website companies use the same catalog system to access the manufacturer's inventory in real-time, but they are still separate companies and set their own pricing, which often differs by 200% or more.
                                --------------------------------------------------
                                Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

Working...