• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by JimD
    If you have good reel to reel tapes you like to listen to, you might digitize them. It isn't hard but it takes some time. I digitized a bunch of LPs my late wife and I liked in our college days. I had to raise the output of the turntable, I think you might be able to take a tape deck signal directy to your computer. The process I followed was to use free software to digitize it and then a shareware program to remove clicks and pops. I now have good mp3 files of all these old LPs.

Jim
    If you run the signal from the turntable thru an amp and then to a tape, the signal will be raised to a better recording level. You can then connect the tape player directly to the computer if you have sound processing software such as Roxio or Magix. I've converted dozens of LPs over the past couple years. It works well.
    Richard

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by sweensdv
      Just imagine what she was thinking.
      I could tell what she was thinking. She looked lovestruck all over again. She was drooling. She begged to come back. Swore she would not burn my meals, not wreck my cars, not spend all my money, promised to sweep the shop, and not have any laundry mishaps.

One of those was when she starched one of my favorite longsleeve dress shirts. When I put it on a sleeve broke off. I had to break the news that I had remarried.

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by cabinetman
        I could tell what she was thinking. She looked lovestruck all over again. She was drooling. She begged to come back. Swore she would not burn my meals, not wreck my cars, not spend all my money, promised to sweep the shop, and not have any laundry mishaps.

One of those was when she starched one of my favorite longsleeve dress shirts. When I put it on a sleeve broke off. I had to break the news that I had remarried.

There's gettin' to be a awful lot of smoke on this thread. Sure am glad I'm sittin' down.
        Richard

Comment

Working...