X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

The next door neighbor (the one I got my metal cabinets from) had a bunch of unopened oil cans on the shelf in the garage before the house sold last month. When I was pulling the cabinets, I showed the cans to my 13 y/o. He wasn't too impressed.
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• eezlock
      • Feb 2006
      • Charlotte,N.C.
      • BT3100

what tool is this?

I don't know for sure,but here is my guess...either a drawknife or a spokeshave?

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

Some savvy mechanics never used one because they were likely to put metal shavings into the oil. Something a blunt flat screwdriver did not.

Yes it was the early 80's that the changeover to plastic bottles started. I first remember either Havoline or Pennzoil to be in plastic. I seem to recall that ATF preceeded oil in the plastic bottles, could be wrong about that. I do know Quaker State was one of the last if not the last to switch.
        Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by eezlock
          I don't know for sure,but here is my guess...either a drawknife or a spokeshave?
          It's been guessed already...an oil can pour spout.

Comment

• sailor55330
            Established Member
            • Jan 2010

lol, intersesting game, but I would have never thought of an oil can spout as a "tool". Not sure how I would have classified it, but tool would have been my last thought.

Nice thread.

Comment

Working...