goodnews/badnews bargin

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sweet Willy
    Established Member
    • May 2011
    • 195
    • Near Chattanooga, TN
    • ridgid 3650

    #1

    goodnews/badnews bargin

    My neighbor called last night and told me her family was selling off her grandfather's woodworking tools and lumber today and was I interested. I really don't need any tools but all the lumber was stacke, stickered and dry as a bone and was being sold at 80 cents bf. I went there this morning and there was some interesting wood. Wild Cherry, Coffee (never heard of it before today), walnut, maple, red and white oak, pine and a few others I can't remember at the moment. I bought a small load of the white oak (about 10 boards) to make my wife a grandfather's clock with. The boards are approx. 8' long 4/4 and between 10" and 14" wide and cost me $42.00. The bad news is that I am leaving for FL (and it's a must go) and I just didn't have time to buy all of what was there and bring it home and stack it and then make a small killing selling most of it on CL.
    I know. I know. I SUCK. I know. But it's gonna be a really fine clock.
    In my old age I look back and realize how lucky I was to live in a time when common sense was common.
    Dennis

    Sweet Willy
    sigpic
  • rlreed
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2012
    • 9
    • Tavares Fl
    • Ryobi bt3100

    #2
    You could have bought it and brought it to Florida with you...ROger

    Comment

    • Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • 3815
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

      #3
      Glad you got some of it!
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

      Comment

      • cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • 15216
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

        #4
        That's a great score. Maybe pay for what you want, and pick it up when you get back.


        .

        Comment

        • Sweet Willy
          Established Member
          • May 2011
          • 195
          • Near Chattanooga, TN
          • ridgid 3650

          #5
          We just have to get to Florida. My daughter has just been accepted to hospice care so my mind really isn't on too many things other than that.
          In my old age I look back and realize how lucky I was to live in a time when common sense was common.
          Dennis

          Sweet Willy
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...