Induction cooking

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scmhogg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • 1839
    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

    #1

    Induction cooking

    Recently, Woot had induction hotplates for $50. I bought one, and am amazed at how well it works. I use AllClad pots, that work with induction ranges.

    I filled two identical pots with two cups of cold water. The induction "burner" came to a vigorous boil in five minutes. The one on the gas stove, with the burner on full, took just over eight minutes.

    I just wish the full range tops weren't so expensive.

    Steve
    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell
  • juliapeter
    Handtools only
    • Nov 2012
    • 1

    #2
    Induction cooking

    An induction cooker is faster and more energy-efficient than a traditional electric cooking surface. It allows instant control of cooking energy similar to gas burners.

    Comment

    Working...