• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

A Moment of Silence

I ask for you all to lower your head and pray for my personal loss. Yesterday, Spot passed away. He was about 4 years old. I named him Spot because when we got him he was spotted...so it seemed an appropriate name.

He had been sick for 3 or 4 days, and the Vet advised me to just let him die. I found that crude and inhuman. He said that's the usual way pets like spot are treated. He also said that if I brought him in for treatment, it would be unlikely that anything could be done.

So, my wife and I are very upset at losing him. We will replace him as soon as LOML grieves and comes to grip with life without him.

• frumper64
    Established Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Garland, Tx, USA.

You've got it. Sorry for your loss. Believe me, I know what it is like.
    Jim
    64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

• Turaj
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
      • BT3000 (1998)

Very sorry to hear about your loss! I know how hard it is to not be able to help.
      Turaj (in Toronto)
      "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

Done,Sorry bout your loss, pets always kill me, prolly cried more than once about my mutts over the yrs and best advice is get another, preferably from a shelter

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by tommyt654
          Done,Sorry bout your loss, pets always kill me, prolly cried more than once about my mutts over the yrs and best advice is get another, preferably from a shelter
          No one asked, and I forgot to go into any details, but Spot wasn't a mutt. He was a beautiful fan tailed goldfish. Spot joined our lives as an ity bity feeder fish, about an inch long. He grew to about 6". His final demise was due to Dropsy.

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
            No one asked, and I forgot to go into any details, but Spot wasn't a mutt. He was a beautiful fan tailed goldfish. Spot joined our lives as an ity bity feeder fish, about an inch long. He grew to about 6". His final demise was due to Dropsy.

Ya got me! I thought you were talking about one of the dogs. Did Spot get a "burial at sea?"

All the levity aside, sorry to hear about the passing of your pet.

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

• scmhogg
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2003
              • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
              • BT3000

Cab,

Did you provide appropriate accomodations?

This forum is for any topic that you would normally talk about at the office "around the coffee pot". Jokes, tall tales, and true stories are welcome as long as they are clean and in good taste. I only ask that you steer away from topics on religion or politics. Go ahead and pull up a chair and pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the conversation.

Steve
              I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Russianwolf
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                • One of them there Toy saws

SAw that one coming.

We have 4 remaining feeder goldfish in a 45 gallon tank. Lost number 5 a month or so ago. He was 10 inches long and had lived in the tank for 5 years. The remaining 4 are all about 6-8 inches including Survivor.

Survivor got his name because when he was little, I did a water change and got the chlorine content too high, so he got burned. I then pulled him out before he could die and dropped him in some water from outside. It was 35 degrees so he went into shock. So I pulled him out of there and had to give him chest compressions as he had stopped breathing. I then got him in a small amount of water that was okay. Of course he got a bad case of fungus (looked like a sheep for a couple days, and I even sheared him once) from the burns that I had to treat, but 5 years later, he's still with us and deserving of his nick-name.
                Mike
                Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

Working...