• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Always put the paint in the trunk!

I hope no one here would make this mistake: http://www.beltdrivebetty.com/index....t-in-the-trunk
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

That's pretty funny. The blue car doesn't look like it has a back seat.

I had a client that wanted me to drop off at his office a new gallon of solvent base contact cement. I did that about 9:30 in the morning. About 5:30 in the afternoon, he asked me to come to the office because he had a problem.

He put the gallon on the floor of the back seat. Throughout the day it got up to over 90 degrees...his windows were closed. The can decided to expand and spew cement all over the floor. When he opened the door, the smell was incredible. He had to call for a rental.

Comment

• Martin
      Established Member
      • Jun 2005
      • Carrollton, TX, USA.
      • BT3100; Antique Delta 8" tilting table

Punctured paint spray can

earlier this week my sister and her husband were in the company car (Ford Explorer). BIL placed several cans of spray paint behind the seat, and they went home. My short sister was driving and after they parked at home she ran the drivers seat back in the curtsey position for tall BIL. can punctured and sprayed the middle seat of the company car.
      They will pay for reupholster job.
      INDECISION IS THE KEY TO FLEXIBILITY

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Agreed, it was funny!

Back in the early '70s, I helped out the body shop department of the local Ford dealership when they got behind. They ordered a quart of paint from the then Memphis Ford district warehouse. It was shipped USPS. The local USPS told them to never have paint shipped via USPS again. It opened in the USPS bag and painted every piece of mail in the bag a metallic green!
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...