• Show
Clear All
  • Richard in Smithville
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • On the TARDIS
    • BT 3100

Big Order( and maybe more)

Tonight I meet with a businessman who has received one of my pens as a gift. He works contract with IT firms and he wants to buy at least ten pens to pass out to his clients with the possibility of him buying more, and getting my name in with offices who have large expense accounts for handing out gifts like this. Now I'm excited!
    From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Way to go Richard. Could be the start of a good outlet. Pens make great gifts. Don't forget bottle stoppers, and letter openers. Forget about making watches...I haven't seen a wood one yet...probably no market.

Comment

• BigguyZ
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2006
      • Minneapolis, MN
      • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Originally posted by cabinetman
      Way to go Richard. Could be the start of a good outlet. Pens make great gifts. Don't forget bottle stoppers, and letter openers. Forget about making watches...I haven't seen a wood one yet...probably no market.

Ah, but watch pens do have a market.

Very cool! I've been penned out, but a lot of that is because my shop's *still* a mess from moving. And half of my stuff if still in the old location.

Comment

• Turaj
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
        • BT3000 (1998)

That is great Richard! Who knows, it may become a good source of income!
        Turaj (in Toronto)
        "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by BigguyZ
          Ah, but watch pens do have a market.
          Back in the early 80's I got a ball point pen with a digital watch built in. The diameter of the whole pen was normal...about 5/16", and there was a small clear window for the watch opposite on the barrel from the clip. It was a promotional pen given out to businesses that may want to order printed pens. Is that what you were referring to?

Do they make barrel insert watches for pen kits?

Comment

• BigguyZ
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2006
            • Minneapolis, MN
            • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Originally posted by cabinetman
            Back in the early 80's I got a ball point pen with a digital watch built in. The diameter of the whole pen was normal...about 5/16", and there was a small clear window for the watch opposite on the barrel from the clip. It was a promotional pen given out to businesses that may want to order printed pens. Is that what you were referring to?

Do they make barrel insert watches for pen kits?

Nope, that's not what I had in mind.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/show...ighlight=watch

You may have to register, but you won't get any spam from it and it's definitely worth checking out.

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Congratulations! Go for it! Nothing like personal encouragement from a pen owner of one of your pens.

I performed a wedding in Memphis this past weekend and in a signing of the marriage license, we used a pen that I made 2 1/2 years ago and carry around with me everywhere. Two pen collectors in the audience saw it and afterwards looked it over. They both commented on how much I could charge for it.

I was encouraged to get my lathe out of storage, put it together and start making some pens.
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...